Does Israel Value Its Soldiers More Than The US Does Its Own?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

It all depends which side you believe...according to the lebonese government they are targeting civilians..from what i see on the news most things that get blown up are aprtment buildings and the infrastructure needed for people to go about there daily life. according tho the isreali government they are making huge efforts not to do this...

#11     Jul 20, 2006
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

exactly...bring them boys home..

#12     Jul 20, 2006
  3. Of course they are targeting the people, that's the plan.

This is a form of terrorism, with a political agenda.

#13     Jul 20, 2006
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

so in short it doesnt matter what anyone says only what is actually happening...but lets not forget that rockets are hitting civilians on both sides... peace

#14     Jul 20, 2006
  5. Oh yes, both sides are trying to terrorize each other for political purposes.

#15     Jul 20, 2006
  6. It's not a matter of beliefs, if they did target civilians, by now after 9 days of bombings the number of casualties would be hundreds of times higher than it actually is.

#16     Jul 20, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

so they are going after hezbollah targets which so happen to be apartment buildings and infrastructure that is needed for everyday life...targeting civilians doesnt only mean killing them..it also means displacing them and making their lives unbearable..which is most certainly the case here and is why Buchanan is ranting and raving...unfortunately i dont see any other way of fighting hezbollah...

#17     Jul 20, 2006
  8. Correct.

Generating terror is the key. The hope of Israel is that this terror and discomfort motivates the people and government of Lebanon to stand up and try to control Hezzbolah. This effort is 100% political by Israel, as is the case with most terrorists.

This has never worked well in that part of the world, as the people only grow in anger toward Israel, and sympathy toward groups like Hammas and Hezzbolah.

You would think that of all people, the Jews would understand that persecution and terror doesn't necessarily make a group weaker or diminish their resolve.

#18     Jul 20, 2006
  9. targeting civilians doesnt only mean killing them.
    As long as we agree that they are not trying to deliberately kill civilians (which is what a lot of Israel haters claim) it's fine with me.

it also means displacing them and making their lives unbearable..which is most certainly the case here and is why Buchanan is ranting and raving...unfortunately i dont see any other way of fighting hezbollah...
    Again I agree. That civilians are greatly inconvenciened and experience significant hardships during wars goes without saying, unfortunately I don't see any other way either and I doubt Z10 does.

#19     Jul 20, 2006
  10. How do you distinguish civilians from Hezbollah in Lebanon. Every political leader and/or civilian I have seen in Lebanon has sung the praises of Hezbollah. When it comes to a grass roots guerilla organization the soldiers you are fighting are by definition civilians.

#20     Jul 20, 2006