Does Israel have the firepower to wipe Iran off the map?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 8, 2006.

1. In reply to FredBloggs;

No decent person wants to kill thousands of innocents. War is the greatest failure the human race falls heir to. However, the survival instinct is one of the most fundamental instincts of mankind. When you factor in WMD's to the equation you have about the worst dilemma a nation can face. When WMD's are combined with an ultra-radical class of Jihadists intent on killing mass numbers of people there seems to be only one alternative - massive use of force to insure against their success.

When nuclear weapons were first invented many scientists and politicians thought that their very presence would end all wars due to the threat of annihilation to an aggressor. With radical Islam, this is not necessarily the case. They view their death and martyrdom as victory! How do you deal with that when they have nukes or about to get them? Logic , appeasement and diplomacy will not work. You have to find them and kill them first, as well as many helpless innocents.

All these wackos need are 2 pieces of Uranium 235 big enough to total a little more than critical mass of an unreflected sphere( about 110 pounds), a steel tube and some explosives to make a gun-type atomic bomb ( the design that was used on Hiroshima). Can they smuggle the parts into Israel or the US? Yes! Will they use it and not fear the consequences? I wouldn't bet against it. All they need is Uranium ore (yellowcake) which costs about $ 20.00 per pound and some centrifuges to separate out the 0.3% U235 isotope from that ore and they have what they need to kill hundreds of thousands of people. They have the petro dollars, the technical knowhow and the will and all they need is more time. The Western world can't allow them that time. The risks are too great! We probably will have to do something before the next election cycle in 2008, unless Israel attacks first.

#51     May 10, 2006
  2. BTW, thank you.

#52     May 10, 2006
  3. Well Iran has one very good reason for wanting an atomic bomb. Just having it would protect them from a US invasion.

Iran saw what the US did to Saddam and what the US hasn't done with Kim Jong Il.

And when it comes to Isreal, what right did the west have to create the nation of Isreal anyway? I know the holocaust was bad but that doesn't give them the right to steal someone elses' land. On this point I'd have to agree with Ahmadinejad. Isreal is a fabrication and it shouldn't exist. The world would definitely be a much more peaceful place.

And don't forget, while you're so busy supporting your government in their attempts to "protect" you that they are the ones who created the problem in the first place.

#53     May 10, 2006
  4. I'm not sure about the secular statehood stuff, but as the HOLY LAND for religious practice for the Jewish people is unquestionably 100% Bible-mandated--and for that matter the One who created the world obviously has the right to decide which people get what land. The Bible is God's instruction booklet.

I obtained the following info:

1. JERUSALEM IS MENTIONED OVER 700 TIMES IN THE BIBLE, BUT NOT ONCE IS IT MENTIONED IN THE QUR'AN.

2. JEWS RECEIVED THE HOLD LAND AS PER THE MANDATE OF THE BIBLE IN 1272 B.C.E. JEWS RULED IT FOR A THOUSAND YEARS AND MAINTAINED A CONTINUOUS PRESENCE THERE FOR 3,300 YEARS.

3. THE ONLY ARAB RULE FOLLOWING CONQUEST IN 633 B.C.E. LASTED JUST 22 YEARS.

4. FOR OVER 3,300 YEARS, JERUSALEM WAS THE JEWISH CAPITAL. IT WAS NEVER THE CAPITAL OF ANY ARAB OR MUSLIM ENTITY. EVEN UNDER JORDANIAN RULE, (EAST) JERUSALEM WAS NOT MADE THE CAPITAL, AND NO ARAB LEADER CAME TO VISIT IT.

5. KING DAVID FOUNDED JERUSALEM; MOHAMMED NEVER SET FOOT IN IT.

6. JEWS PRAY FACING JERUSALEM; MUSLIMS FACE MECCA. IF THEY ARE BETWEEN THE TWO CITIES, MUSLIMS PRAY FACING MECCA, WITH THEIR BACKS TO JERUSALEM.

#54     May 10, 2006
  5. Where in your post does it say:

Hezbollah periodically fires Katusha rockets upon civilian targets within Israel's borders.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/searc...=1197515&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

#55     May 10, 2006
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

1/ what has the past got to do with modern times as your buddy doodoo likes to say?

2/ what has what happened 3000 years ago got to do with today? surely what happened over the last 200 years is much more relevant? if so, perhaps ENGLAND SHOULD CLAIM ITS EMPIRE BACK!!!! how would you like that?

3/ ok, let the isralis have/share jerusalem, but only if they keep to the '67 borders.

4/ its all irrelevant anyhow. all these arguments are based on religion. the jews killed their prophet Jesus, so i dont really think their religion holds much water.

#56     May 11, 2006
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

excellent post.

i agree with 90% of this.

i do think israel has a right to exist though, BUT ONLY IF THEY KEEP TO THE '67 BORDERS ASIGNED TO THEM. if they cant do that - then maybe the world should relocate israel somewhere more appropriate - like outer siberia where they can go fight and kill innocent deer and other forest life in revenge and retaliation for the past.

lets face it, all the worlds troubles are based around the israeli conflict and the us support for israel. if israel could act like a decent civilised state, and look forward about the future in a positive way instead of moaning and bitching about how down trodden they are, the holocaust etc the world would be a much better place.

this is all a big hangover from wwii. its gone on for long enough.

give peace a chance.

#57     May 11, 2006
  8. I am sure you meant to say that they were buying the land, not stealing it. At least before the hostilities began. Right? If you can come up with a single fact of land theft prior to 1948 - I am all ears.

#58     May 11, 2006
  9. hi! drama queen in here. might wanna check theft of a nation by william w. baker.
    belive it or nt ddddoo, i used to be a hard core supporter of your people, the more i met people like you, the more i see how you silence people who object to your policies, the more i see how you treat the miserable pals., and the more i watch your people's denial of injustice committed by them, the more i curse myself for ever being so fooled as to support you in the past.

i'll leave you with this.

'Moshe Smilansky, one of the pilgrim fathers of Zionism, published an article stating that: "When we came back to our country after having been evicted two thousand years ago, we called ourselves 'daring' and we rightly complained before the whole world that the gates of the country were shut. And now when they [Arab refugees] dared to return to their country where they lived for one thousand years before they were evicted or fled, they are called 'infiltrees' and shot in cold blood. Where are, Jews? Why do we not at least, with a generous hand, pay compensation to these miserable people? Where to take the money from? But we build palaces...instead of paying a debt that cries unto us from earth and heaven... And do we sin only against the refugees? Do we not treat the Arabs who remain with us as second-class
    citizens? Did a single Jewish farmer raise his hand in the parliament in opposition to a law that deprived Arab peasants of their land? How does sit solitary, in the city of Jerusalem, the Jewish conscience!' (From Haven to Conquest, p. 834)

#59     May 11, 2006
  10. Fred, I'm not sure where you're coming from, but quite obviously you're still hanging around those microwaves.

The reality of modern times is unlike what you're saying as well.
    In short, The Bible, history, and modern times all say otherwise. Regarding the former: you're not arguing with me, rather with God.

Your arguing with the Pope who admitted it was all a big lie.

#60     May 11, 2006