Does Israel have the firepower to wipe Iran off the map?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 8, 2006.

1. Actually I usually RESORT to personal attacks when I win.

#31     May 9, 2006
  2. #32     May 9, 2006
  3. jem

jem

The point was to deter a communist aggressor. It worked. We did not have a nuclear war. We should all be proud that the russions loved their children too as Sting might have explained it.

If the firepower were brought into the picture there would be no conflict in Israel. Tiny minds the world over seem to confuse the results of our allowing the nations to of the world to be soverign with our inability to destroy them had we the inclination.

The u.s. has the power to win every argument it wishes to win. But we have the morals and decency to not subject the worlds to our whims. The world has been lucky we have been in control and we have not been imperialist and we have not taken the oil when we damn well could have.

#33     May 9, 2006
  4. #34     May 9, 2006
  5. We're not talking about a few nut cases, there are tens of thousands of them. You apparently did not read the attached article. The desire to kill all the infidels in the world, including Christians and Jews is stated over and over IN THE KORAN! The Koran is the sacred scripture for over 1,000,000,000 Muslims. While a majority of them do not subscribe to the "War Verses" in the Koran, they don't have the balls to condemn the wackos that do. They are weak and powerless by comparison. It only takes a grapefruit sized sphere of U 235 to make a Hiroshima-sized weapon which could kill hundreds of thousands of Americans. We currently do not sensitive enough radiological detectors to stop the wackos from carrying a grapefruit sized physics package across out borders and assembling a weapon undetected. Will they do it when they can? I wouldn't gamble against it. That's why preemption is now a necessary war doctrine. Iran must be stopped from building nukes at all cost, even if the US or Israel are the only ones to have the guts to do it. If they set off a nuke in America it will make 9-11 look like a high school prank. If it comes to this, I'm glad George Bush is our Commander in Chief and not some yellow-belly.

#35     May 9, 2006
  6. Oh yeah, there are merely a handful of rare Isamic radicals who misunderstand their peaceful religion...

Percentage of American Christians who support Tim McVeigh: Under 0.001%

Percentage of people expressing "a lot of confidence" or "some confidence" in bin Laden:

In the Palestinian territories: 71%
    Morocco: 49%
    Indonesia:58%
    Saudi Arabia: 'Almost half'

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/08/poll.binladen

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A9957-2003Jun3?language=printer

#36     May 9, 2006
  7. The iraqis were stealing their oil.

#37     May 9, 2006
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Anyone know how many atoms of plutonium sitting in a human lung it takes to induce cancer?

#38     May 9, 2006
  9. simplistic drivel.

who, exactly, is "they" that haven't adequately "condemned" the "wackos"? and where, exactly, are these "wackos," for that matter? can you produce any evidence to back your wild allegations of nuclear intent by these "wackos"?

you identify yourself as an american - there are many thousands of americans that subscribe to a literal interpretation OF THE BIBLE!, a document full of violence and exhortation of the murder of infidels -- have "the americans" condemned these BIBLE! "wackos"? doesn't your non-yellowbelly leader, ostensibly in control of the largest nuclear arsenal on Earth, quote THE BIBLE! in political speeches? has he condemned the "wackos"?

would a lack of such condemnation sanction preemptive war by some non-yellowbelly tough guy halfway around the globe?

a few passages regarding "infidels" -- a google search will show you hundreds more:

#39     May 10, 2006
  10. (retching sound)

Un-f**ing believable. Of all the people on this site, leave it to you to ask for evidence. What about the literally hundreds of assertions and misrepresentations you have made here?

Where are you when others ask you to back up your claims or explain the contradictions in your posts or explain your sudden reversals or your disgusting hypocrisy. Today I read a post from jzlucas which asked you how you could question the compassion of another when you suggested a good joke would be to insinuate that a fellow ET member's children would subjected to pedophilic attacks. I read another post here today in which a member posted that he had asked you a question 6 months ago which highlighted the same contradiction that you had evinced in a more recent post; he never got an answer from you. Perhaps it's because you decided his questions were 'stupid', as you often do when you are having a tough time answering. This is just in the past 6 hours. This does not take into account the 7 or 8 outstanding issues about which I personally have requested clarification. It was actually good to see some others come on and provide their own examples of your evasions.

You have zero credibility here, troll. You're held in equal contempt by those on the right and the left. It's laughable that you would ask for 'evidence'.

#40     May 10, 2006