Does Interactivebrokers.com support Give-Up?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dabao91, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ktm

ktm

As of a few months ago, IB did not support give ups. They claimed to, but the in the end they "give up" the entire lot to the next firm to do the allocation. I wish they did, because Man is damn slow these days.

#21     Apr 10, 2007
  2. Well, if nothing else, we've embarrassed a few chronic bashers.

#22     Apr 10, 2007
  3. lol this was hilarious. Just any mention of the words "IB support" in any context brings out the IB-bashing clan.

#23     Apr 10, 2007
  4. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

You should never have a reason to call IB's customer service. Period. Everything can be dealt with via email and the website. I had to send them an email the other day because a trade did not show up on my daily statement. They got back to me in 1 hour with an updated daily statement. End of problem. I deal with routine stuff like this all the time via email and have never gotten an unsatisfactory or untimely response.

There was one time, when I first started trading with IB, that I was 4x and they closed a trade down on me at 3:50 right before a significant move in my direction. I sent them an email and asked for a rebate on the commission only, they said no, I said I was going to close my account, and they told me how to close it.

That's about as bad as I have had it, but I really wasn't all that mad in the first place, just bustin' balls and they called me on it.

#24     Apr 10, 2007
  5. Althought customer service is rude the bottom line is that IB rocks, i've been a customer for five years and with ups and downs i can't find any better broker out there that lets you trade futs, bonds, stocks and fut optionso on the same acc.

#25     Apr 11, 2007
  6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

#26     Apr 11, 2007
  7. Lime brokerage

#27     Apr 11, 2007
  8. Lime = Global .... LMAO :D

"Lime offers CFD trading based upon London Stock Exchange (LSE)-listed equities. CFDs, or Contracts For Differences, are equity derivatives that allow users to speculate on share price movements, without the need for ownership of the underlying shares. CFD price movements correspond 1 for 1 to movements in the underlying security that the derivative is based upon.

Lime is also currently looking to trade in other active international markets. "

#28     Apr 11, 2007
  9. yeah my unbundled rate for this month is like 1.81 at this moment
    everything is smooth with IB

#29     Apr 11, 2007
  10. There is a reason IB calls themselves "The Professional's Gateway to World Markets".

If you can't get TWS to work, if you don't know what the different status colors mean, if you can't understand why they hold your money until funds clear, if you have a shitty ISP and you bother IB when data drops, etc, etc, etc...they don't want you.

And they will tell you to go somewhere else. How many brokers have the balls to do that?

And heck, if you don't like IB why DON'T you just go to another broker? Otherwise, simply add to or vote on the IB improvement suggestion list.

Good trading to all.

:cool:

#30     Apr 11, 2007