Does Interactivebrokers.com support Give-Up?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dabao91, Apr 1, 2007.

1. dabao91

dabao91

Does Interactivebrokers.com support Give-Up?

If not, what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

2. makcim

makcim

they do.

3. I may have to short IB when the company goes public. Reading through these forums, it's astounding how much negative coverage these guys receive from their clients. Surely, another company will spring up offering the same package as IB, PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

4. cvds16

cvds16

well you don't know what you are talking about: the real money IB makes is not through the small retail traders who need hand-helding, it's through their market making.

5. My mistake. Nothing ever goes wrong for accounts with 100K+. Never a computer glitch. Never an administrative error. In fact, people with large accounts never require any customer service at all. How could I have been so blind.

6. cvds16

cvds16

you really are not too clever, are you ? I said MARKET MAKING

7. 100k isn't a large account. I would call it retail until it's at least 1 MM.

IB is sharp. I'm sure it's selling at least at 100% of fair value if they're going public.

8. Though I'm not ready to concede my claim to cleverness, I should have read your reply more carefully. I didn't realize that IB's primary source of income resulted from MM. I thought it was from clientele engaging in high volume transactions. Perhaps a good investment after all. BTW, the shorting IB stock comment was not meant literally.

Seriously? Looks like I've got a much longer way to go than I originally anticipated.

9. I am a "small retail customer." I've used IB for more than three years and have three trading accounts. I've used Customer Service only once on a small matter, and have been TOTALLY pleased with the company. I love the access, the speed, the price, and the service. No complaints here!

10. Did you register specifically to promote IB? Are you testing out a new ad campaign? Your wording, grammar and punctuation are all very impressive. Was an editor involved?

#10     Apr 10, 2007