Does IB support pit sessions in US futures ?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by trader27, Mar 7, 2009.

1. trader27

trader27

I think IB has a great platform, however my trading strategy requires US futures in pit sessions (Open Auction).

After browsing IB website, seems they only support electronic sessions.

Anyone knows if is possible to operate on pit sessions through IB (examples Corn C K9 not ZC) ?

2. no...you'll have to go through a broker that clears through a floor firm. (RCG, RJO, Man, Newedge, Cadent, Fimat, Prud, etc). As far as getting pit data for charts, go with either DTN ProphetX or CQG.

3. yes you can trader27. I trade cattle/hogs using both pit and globex.

I should add,you can trade certain months,usually the 2 or 3 front months so it is limited.
    you can also look at open e cry as they have pit access but with all months

4. cvds16

cvds16

I very much doubt this should make any difference whatsoever, you'll only pay more and be less flexible imo.

5. Not true...if you trade corn or wheat then yes...pit access it not needed, and will only slow you down. HOWEVER, if you trade in some of the less liquid markets like Feeder Cattle, Lumber, Pork Bellies, or Livestock or Softs options, pit access is VITAL.

6. gold@42

gold@42

all IB should have access to pit/electronic sessions and if not you are working with the wrong IB. + Pit and electonic markets should be the same comm rates.

7. cvds16

cvds16

pure nonsense, don't give advice if you know shit.

8. gold@42

gold@42

let me correct myself..pit and electronic are going to have different comm rates, but should not be a determining factor for trading.
    Who the hell do you think you are? I wold classify you as F***'in idiot! What the hell do you KNOW?? Prick!