Does IB offer any gear Free or for Sale?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hajimow, Aug 5, 2005.

1. why not just call and ask if they would mind you using their logo on a t-shirt? I doubt they would, unless it had stuff like "I survived the TWS crash of '05" :p

Assuming they don't mind there are plenty of places that will make a t-shirt for you with a logo.

SSB

#21     Aug 6, 2005
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Cyber is offering two free flat panels if you open an account

I don't want to say anything bad about Cyber Trader or their deals but it is not for me. I trade stocks and options only (no future). Their extra charge for option $9.95 plus $1 per contract will cancel out the price of that free gift in a month. I rather buy a 21 inch flat monitor out of pocket and stay with IB.

My trades on options are from one to like 30 contracts in a position and sometimes I trade one contract 30 times in 5 minutes intervals to get the best price and average out my price. I pay $30 for 30 contracts in IB. I have to pay $11 x 30=$330 in Cyber trader if I enter 30 separate trades.

#22     Aug 6, 2005
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

You missed it man - back in the Naz bubble days I got complimentary gold cufflinks with the IB logo on them. One year, IB gave away a free copy of the book "Trading & Exchanges," but no logo on it.

#23     Aug 6, 2005
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes!

#24     Sep 19, 2005
  5. Gawd yoiu guys are funny, you would not know how often I chuckle when reading these boards...

#25     Sep 19, 2005
  6. macaw

macaw

I'd settle for a year's free commission for all struggling traders

#26     Sep 19, 2005
  7. hajimow

hajimow

Yes I got a nice cap today. Thanks IB.

#27     Sep 19, 2005