Does IB have a web interface?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by skyriderfox, Jul 13, 2006.

1. How easy is it to access IB from any computer in the world? Do I have to have Java? How steady and reliable is the website? I can't always be sitting at home on my computer, is why I ask.

Thanks in advance.

2. Choad

Choad

3. IB has a web interface which is pretty nice. You don't need java but I think you'll need IE.. although, I think it also works with firefox now.

I've also tried it with my Blackberry and Treo 650... works good. Obvsiously, the mobile version has less features than the web interface.

4. Awesome. Mobile trading would indeed help. I do have access to wireless with my Axim X51V. Although, I can always get to a computer for 10-15 minutes.

I'm a medical professional and often only have a few minutes in the day to access my account to actually place trades. I do all my research in the evening and keep track of my set ups mentally.

5. you shouldn't have any problem at all accessing their web interface using your axim. yeah, i forgot about my axim but i have tried it and it does work perfectly with Pocket PCs.

Obviously no streaming quotes on a handheld.

6. Yes, IB do not have a Pocket PC application per se. Only a WAP application for mobile browsers.

However, streaming quotes on handhelds are feasible e.g. http://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=wirelessPlatform

Actually, it would be possible for some enterprising folks to build a Pocket PC application which connected to the TWS API for quote relays hmmm....