Does high volume trading = big profits?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by listedguru, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Just wondering what the general consensus is about those high volume daytraders - you know the one's who trade 200K shares per day (or more). Do you think this style of high volume trading leads to bigger profits and more successful trading? Or does it just equal a lot of churning and wasted commissions? Does bigger volume = bigger success in the daytrading world??

-Guru

2. shneed

shneed

It depends if you are trading 1000 share lots, then you are probably churning. On the other hand, if you are trading 5k to 10k per position then its a different story.

shneed

3. I don't think higher volume = bigger profits. It's the QUALITY not the Quantity that counts. Of course, if you have the quality part down; then increasing the quantity should result in more dollars in profit.

-Fast

4. It certainly results in bigger profits for the prop. firm
    particularly when you are trading on a per share basis.

5. Mecro

Mecro

I've my best days with volume of 50k and less

6. an experienced scalper with a good batting average doing many trades with size will lead to bigger result. but there is a real limit as to how much size one can do when scalping

7. ===
    Time frame is secondary;
    and skill ranks higher than volume in profits .:cool:

===

Make hay while the sun shines.:cool: - Solomon, trader king

8. high volume trading = big expenses.

for me it was a low risk strategy as well.

9. TraderRC

TraderRC

I tend to do more volume when I am forcing the issue . Low Volume more focus= bigger Profits. Unless your taking bigger positions