Does God Suffer From Vanity?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Dec 12, 2006.

1. This is lamer than I expected. You said you knew better arguments but didn't provide any. Now you're telling me to google search myself? Do you have or have not better arguments that religion/bible is wrong/fake than what vhehn presented? If you do, share them. If you don't, then you were just lying when you said this,
    Were you lying?

#421     Jan 1, 2007
  2. I see your intellect remains crippled as always. Take that statement to a professor of logic and be prepared to leave him in stitches for 20 minutes

#422     Jan 1, 2007
  3. I take this as an admission that you cannot come up with a better argument. So you were lying.

Liar.

#423     Jan 1, 2007
  4. What, no pants on fire?

#424     Jan 1, 2007
  5. You may take it however you want. It is apparent that neither logic nor reality fazes you. You are perfectly happy, as long as you are the one who yells the loudest and has the last word. The reason had nothing to do with either of your "only two choices." Unfortunately, you seem incapable of making the stretch to thinking what other options may exist.

I told myself I wouldn't respond, but you seriously need to get some education past the third grade. An insult from you is like having a 10 year old saying "Nanni nanni boo boo." If you understand this paragraph, you will be closer to the reason I give up on this conversation.

Say what you wish. Here is space for your next clueless response:

#425     Jan 3, 2007
  6. It is not possible to see God any differently than one sees himself. This is because, being created in His image, each of us is equal to Him in every way, in every attribute.

If we imagine ourselves to be bodies, we make ourselves, and our Creator out to be an "unfortunate child with special needs". Having made us equal with Himself and with each other, we seek in bodies something "special" to be worshipped. This is insanity, since God has already given everything to everyone. Bodies are limitations. Yet you are unlimited.

You are very close to answering your question when you say, "Depending on how you look at it...", for this is an entirely a perception based "world" twisting the laws of the mind: Perception was invented just so such a world could seem to exist. And in such a world, you see what you want to see, forgetting this is what you want. Forgetting, you make yourself a victim of what you see out there. In a world of utter projection, both you and God cannot be any different from what you see. Eyeballs were made to see insanity. Vision is given you to see past it.

Of course, you cannot be anything other than as God created you, therefore, this world and the concept of perception itself must have been made up, imagined, hallucinated...pick your poison. It was a jest taken too seriously. But whatever it was, it was not created by your Creator so "man" must not exist. So long as "man" thinks he exists, then God must not exist, or He must be insane. This world seeks to prove this.

To put it bluntly, this world was made as an attack on God.

Jesus

#426     Jan 12, 2007
  7. #427     Jan 12, 2007
  8. No story could be anything other than a reflection of self-perception at the time it was written. As much as a writer perceives himself as a "human" with "human nature", his God must reflect his own nature.

Such a writer will make God in the image of "man" if he says that God made man in His own image.

You can save yourself much trouble by interpreting the parable of the Garden of Eden as pre time and space. "Adam" is the Son of God. You may also note well that the text says that Adam fell asleep. It does not say he ever woke up. Thus, everything that seems to have happened after that point was but a dream, and it is this sleep that you, his "descendants", still sleep. Giving faith to erroneous ideas, Adam lands himself in time and space as a "man" and is given "animal skins" to wear. Thus, Adam dreams himself to be like a "beast", and begins acting like one. The rest is his story. He believes himself guilty, and comes to a place where death rules. To be a body in space and time IS the definition of crucifixion.

Basically, I came to reject this scenario for what it is, an insane dream. I came to proclaim your innocence, and demonstrate the powerlessness - the unreality - of death. The resurrection was a wake up call. It seems to be taking a while, but all of "Adam" will wake up, because I woke up, and therefor you can too. And you will. Time and space end when all "parts" of Adam wake up from the dream of bodies of separation.

The "last judgment" is a process in which each member of "Adam" weans himself off of concepts of "good and evil" that lead to dreams of death. Till then, "hell" persists in the form of time and space and bodies born to die. As each reaches his own pain threshold, he begins to consider his options. The turning point comes when each sees that he makes his own dream. This enables each to will nightmares become happy dreams, until waking up completely, safe and unharmed, in a beautiful Paradise he never left.

Jesus

#428     Jan 12, 2007
  9. You either have a wild imagination, or sniff too much of something.

#429     Jan 16, 2007
  10. This is clear: If you think God made man in his image, then you think God is like man.

Then you wonder why God suffers from vanity?

Man is in the image of the ego.

In this world ruled by perception, you literally cannot see anything else other than what you've judged yourself to be.

You've judged yourself harshly. And because your reality is made in the image of God, you've judged God harshly. A body is a harsh judgement upon your Self.

Jesus

#430     Jan 18, 2007