Does everyone have CNBC turned on while trading ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by uniafly, Jul 6, 2006.

1. yeah your 100% right for most people. but i do think u retain a bunch of info by just having the news on in the background. and that cant hurt.

i just trade news for a living and cnbc is an amazing source for breaking news often. yeah most news i get is off bloomberg or reuters. but once and awhile u will get a homerun from cnbc. but if you dont know what your doing or whats priced in or expected/old you will get smoked! but the most important part of trading news for a living is knowing the best u can how the market will react to a specific news story.

#51     Dec 12, 2008
  2. donnap

donnap

I don't get CNBC on my TV. Wouldn't watch it if I did. Don't read Money Magazine either. Or the Wall street Journal. Look at my trading screen pretty often, though.

#52     Dec 13, 2008
  3. I wake up to the Faber report on CNBC and go to my office downstairs to trade. David Faber is the only person I really listen to on CNBC rest are background noise.

#53     Dec 13, 2008
  4. To me, news is only good for tellin me what happened... yesterday.

#54     Dec 13, 2008
  5. There sh*t is the best.

#55     Dec 13, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

I haven't watched that POS channel for years.

#56     Dec 13, 2008
  7. Handle123

Handle123

This is the first year I have made money using CNBC, but for that matter, all I had to do was watch the government channel when Bailout was voted down and then was passed, otherwise it is just backround noise and a very limited stock idea.

#57     Dec 13, 2008
    beginner66 likes this.