Does Elliott Wave Theory actually work?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Vincent S. Ashmore, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Sprout

Sprout

Incredulous as it may seem, accomplished dowsers can find water when others cannot. It requires a methodology and diligent practice. Certainly a path less traveled but dowsing can provide accurate answers in the oddest of circumstance much to the disbelief of the disinclined.

As with any inquiry, the domains can be distinguished between the verifiable and unverifiable.

With that said, as the above relates to fibs points to the fundamental difference in energy in what one brings to the party.

Personally, I’m neutral to fibs as they apply to financial markets for I’ve not done any due diligence on the matter.

Contemplating fib ratios as they apply to various structures and growth patterns in the natural world, either inspires awe in one or is diminished to circumstance.

Observing patterns, whether projected or not leads to a deeper understanding of oneself and of life processes.

#51     Dec 3, 2017
  2. piezoe

piezoe

:rolleyes:
    I'll become a believer when there is a well designed test under controlled conditions. Right now all I've got is articles in Argosy Magazine I read in the Barber shop.

#52     Dec 3, 2017
  3. MACD

MACD

Barber shops offer the best information for sure...

#53     Dec 6, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  4. %%
    Some can find some hints from it; but 50 day/200 day moving aVerage helps me much more.:cool: Not a prediction as you noted LOL

#54     Dec 20, 2017
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Does Elliott Wave Theory actually work?

No.

#55     Dec 20, 2017
  6. Make sure you pronounce Elliott wave Theory properly.

If not, it becomes Idiot Wave Theory.

Of course it doesn't work in real life.
    That's why it is called Elliott Wave THEORY.
    It only works in Theory.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    #56     Dec 20, 2017
    viruscore1 likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

Yep, I can't see anywhere Elliot actually traded.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Nelson_Elliott

#57     Dec 20, 2017
  8. Everything works in theory as long as you're on the right side of the fence

#58     Dec 20, 2017
  9. bone

bone

If someone out there is using EW or some other cyclical count study successfully then by all means please share specifics.

#59     Dec 20, 2017
  10. baro-san

baro-san

If one can't do it, it doesn't mean nobody can. How many of you read Chinese?

#60     Dec 20, 2017