Does dark pool real-time data exist yet for retail traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by katty888, Oct 29, 2020.

1. katty888

katty888

I know FINRA has weekly archived data, but seeing the trades in real-time would be helpful. I was told that in time and sales, they appear exactly at 4 p.m. as a block trade?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

If retail traders could see them, they would not be true "dark-pool" trades, yes?

comagnum and guru like this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

uh no duh...

smallfil likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Hell do I know, I don't trade stocks. I trade futures, where this dark-pool BS doesn't exist. Was asking a hypothetical for the friend in my head.

I'm a moron when it comes to stocks and options. They are too confusing.

5. ajacobson

ajacobson

TRF data is supposed to go the tape quickly if I recall inside of ten seconds. They get fined if they are not within the guidelines repeatedly. Search NASDAQ TRF for details. As I recall there are a lot of reasons allowed for being late especially near the open and close.

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=act

comagnum and qlai like this.
  6. guru

guru

I think that for trades made outside of regular trading hours they can come with very long delays.
    Though I also see many trade reports after hours that have prices from daytime hours, coming specifically from dark pools, and I have to discard them because they don't match any prices near current time. Some can also be reported as corrections to previous trades, which may confuse some systems.

7. TimMykes

TimMykes

i think dark pool trades are reported dec 31, thats why they call them new years prints.

seriously, they are mostly hitting the tape near realtime. none of this is going to help you. they smell you a mile away

8. realtrades

realtrades

There was a guy who would post dark pool trades daily on Twitter, don't know if he still does, I'll see if I can find it, but I would look at the trades then look after a while to see if the stocks moved and they really didn't, so don't know if the data would really be useful.

katty888 and MarkBrown like this.
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Our Time and Sales Module shows dark pool prints in real-time as they are reported with the code ADFN. The ADFN prints start at 8 am ET.

upload_2020-10-30_8-0-15.png

katty888 and comagnum like this.
  10. %%
    MAYBE @ some time;
    but on tech etfs/teck stocks,leveraged stuff , dont think that would be helpful/profit @ all/not to me anyway.WHY not??
    Because @ end of day/end of month all have voted. Thanks for the question...……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

#10     Oct 30, 2020