Does CSCO still matter anymore?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by turkeyneck, Aug 5, 2008.

1. The media still thinks it's 1998?

2. Daal

Daal

when people want to be bullish anything is an excuse

3. All I know is that I despise Cisco for their stupid advertising campaigns showing smiling third world children and playing god-awful Americanized third world music.

4. considering that it's in the top 6 weight contributors to the nasdaq 100, I would think that would have some impact (regardless of whether they are hot or not).

5. TYtrader

TYtrader

since Cisco's business is heavily influenced by IT spending, it is considered a bellwether for the technology sector. i don't think its earnings matter to say, McDonalds or Walmart, but it does for chip, software, computer, etc companeis.

6. Absolutely

7. I'm just looking at the YTD on CSCO. And I bet it opens around 24.30, and tanks somewhere to 23 before coming back after a couple days...if they're lucky.

Chart is going from Top Left to bottom right. Bear Market rally.

8. bozak

bozak

I think CSCO actually matter a lot more now than a few years ago. It certianly doesn't have the effect it had back in the dot.com boom, but I think it was responsible for rallying the Nas today.

9. i bought before earnings as i stated in a previous thread i am very happy now.

10. bh_prop

bh_prop

Or when the masses have gotten too bearish . . .

#10     Aug 6, 2008