Does Bright have an intership program?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jpomerenke, May 22, 2002.

1. Treykool

Treykool

here we go again...please be informed that Don and his firm pay this site to advertise. do not take everything he says as true. there are several no capital trading firms on the street that far outperform BT. firms that do so well, they don't need to waste their time and advertise on these silly message boards. You can only guess that a substantial amount of BT revenue comes from their failing traders (who blow their 25K contribution...why do you think they ask for it in the first place?) it's like those get rich quick scams..."We'll make you a billionaire!...but first you must give us a check for 25K"

#11     May 27, 2002
  2. OHLC

OHLC

You can only guess that a substantial amount of BT revenue comes from their failing traders (who blow their 25K contribution...why do you think they ask for it in the first place?) it's like those get rich quick scams..."We'll make you a billionaire!...but first you must give us a check for 25K"

I guess a failing trader that leaves after, say, six months, won't generate more than 30k in profits for the firm (that is, assuming the trader is not cut off sooner).
    On the other side, most succesful traders will get the firm 25k /mo. (assuming a 0.005$/sh profit and 5M shares a mo).
    So it does not seems to me that they could get a substancial revenue from failing traders... I'd say that their interest is to find
    succesful traders with HV strategies.

I'm really not fond of the way some firms advertise, but I think they fill a legitimate niche for those that want to get away from the institutions and be independent, and at the same time request high-end execution services.

OHLC

#12     May 27, 2002
  3. I've caught you in just about every lie you have ever posted. You have been asked about the firms you're referring to, and you never come up with any.

I'm not upset at the firms who still have this business model....come on, there are serious people who want to know facts, not silly comments.

To the rest of you,,,,sorry for the outlash, but this guy is getting boring and irritating.

Have a great day!!

Don

#13     May 28, 2002
  4. The programs vary from school to school. Our interns spend maybe 6 hours per week in the office, are given Series 7 Study material, access to computers, and may attend the 5 day training class free of charge. This is usually done during the school year (again, it depends on the school).

After the semester is completed, then we work together to see what type of program you are best suited for, we have had several start with zero money, some with $5K or so, depending on the student.

Don

#14     May 28, 2002
  5. so if your interns are good traders and you let them start out with zero down or maybe 5k down...how does thier losses work? do u let them go a ways into negative territory before the risk managments has a talk with them or u freeze their acct??

#15     May 28, 2002
  6. don????

#16     May 30, 2002
  7. Gee, sorry...I'm still trying to recover from surgery here :)

Sure, we bring them to Vegas, put them to work, help them get to a point of profitability, and when the do well, they are turned onto the basic program.

Don

#17     May 30, 2002
  8. i really didnt understand your last comment
    ...so if these intership traders start trading with lil or no deposit...what happens if they lose money...do you make them deposit money? or do all there profits go in as a deposit ...how does this actually work...and these traders still get 100% payout???

#18     Jun 5, 2002
  9. Our special intern programs are designed specifically for the individual, and there are optional plans available. After spending some time with us in Vegas, going through training and studying for their exam, we evaluate their situation. We then determine if they want to go into a profit sharing agreement, or to receive full payout by putting up some money. We keep it fairly loose and subject to negotiation.

Don

#19     Jun 5, 2002