Does Bloomberg (or other) Terminal have a "Blacklist?"

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by kmiklas, Oct 27, 2016.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Greetings Brethen,

I hope that this note finds you in good health and vast wealth.

Question: Does Bloomberg Terminal, and/or other terminals, have a Blacklist function? In other words, can I somehow tag equities so that either:

a. They do not appear in my searches
    b. I am somehow warned that these are on my blacklist.

For informational purposes only (I am not trying to proselytize) I would like to blacklist contracts with an "F" rating on the the OVerus ratings page.
    http://www.overus.org/ratings.html

tyvm

Sincerely,
    Keith

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you have access to a Bloomberg terminal, you can ask them. Their customer service/technical support might be the best in the world for any company providing any service.

thaitye likes this.
  3. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

F1 F1

4. JackRab

JackRab

You can use Excel on the Bloomberg terminal and extract data from Bloomberg to Excel and use excel's filtering...

5. I have never heard of such functionality.

6. H2O

H2O

I don't think it's 'standard' functionality, but you can achieve what you want in the Bloomberg terminal by creating a portfolio with your "blacklisted" securities. Whenever you do a search (EQS) you can 'exclude' the blacklisted portfolio from your search.

Hope this helps

7. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

..even easier, one can create a custom portfolio and filter by various ratings. The custom portfolio can then be used to trigger alters, generate collated news, perform other various functions...

8. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Given the amount they charge for their terminals, I'd jolly well hope that their customer service and tech support was "the best in the world" .... jeez !

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

that's their corporate belief. If you provide extremely high quality information/data: finance companies will pay any amount for it.

10. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Their belief indeed.

I know a few finance companies. Once upon a time they had a bunch of Bloomies. Now they either have one or none.

And no, their performance doesn't suffer as a result. And no, its not because they can't afford it.

#10     Oct 28, 2016