Does belief in God make man obsolete?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by I am..., Jun 6, 2008.

1. Your arguments are consistent and reasonable. I find value in them. Each one passes this way. It feels like despair...weariness. But what else would induce one to question the valueless? What else could motivate a search for value? The contented are not likely to take stock of their situation, and are therefore the least likely to change it.

Jesus

#11     Jun 7, 2008
  2. Yes, man does seem to be synonymous with the "blame game". I suggest that the blame game began before the concept of man, which arises in consciousness to mask and perpetuate it. Less painful that way. It is pain spread out over time, with a few good times in between. This masks what is really going on. The painful circumstances of the world of time and form seem to justify guiltiness. However, there is no connection between actions in the world and guiltiness. The world and its actions exist to *prove* that guilt is the truth. It is the most sacred doctrine in the religion of the god-of-this-world.

Jesus

#12     Jun 7, 2008
  3. Hello Jesus.

You may call me Smith.

Belief in God is precisely what makes man. Man is powerless over his environment, he is powerless to determine is fate. Since he intrinsically is aware of this, he needs an entity outside of himself to justify his exisistence. Your father as much as admitted this when he made it rain.

He made it rain, and still he did not change the fundamental nature of his creation. I personally find that fascinating.

You, Jesus, are on the outside, trying to get in. Why did your father play such a cruel joke on you?

#13     Jun 7, 2008
  4. Peace be with you Smith.

Allow me to refine this. Belief in an idol is precisely what makes man. Belief in an unshared will and a private mind preceeds manhood. The idol delivers these attributes through faith, and makes them "real". The experience of powerlessness is impossible but that it is given to the idol to dispense with. Rain is not of my Father because this parade is not of my Father. The joke is on Self. The punch-line hurts. There is no entity outside of me. Even my Father is within me, and I am within Him. So, we are equal. The fundamental nature of the Son cannot change. A world full of change seeks to prove otherwise. It is the god-of-this-world which makes rain. For this and many other reasons it is worshipped, praised and feared. Yet it remains a bloodthirsty idol made socially acceptable by rote, legend, myth, repetition and habit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The Kingdom of God is "within", meaning, I encompass the whole creation of God. This world is technically "within" me also, as a belief. It is a hypothetical concept without any foundation in truth whatsoever. So it is so much smoke and mirrors. It would destroy my mind if it were true. Salvation restores my mind to the full awareness of it's whole reality. That reality does not include this world. When salvation is complete, this world will pass away like a puff of smoke...simply disappear.

Jesus

#14     Jun 7, 2008
  5. Jesus,

You imply that it was man that wrote the Bible, out of his own mind.

If rain is not of your father, why is it so clearly documented and celebrated by Man?

#15     Jun 8, 2008
  6. Jesus,

I am a deist, for complex and unconventional reasons that I won't elaborate on at this time.

But I do have a question for you.

Who or what created god (or God), whether he's your literal or figurative father?

#16     Jun 8, 2008
  7. *Father* is a word/symbol that conveys love and source, or loving source. [There are no words in the Kingdom]. It borrows from worldly symbols. He is the cause of the Son. The Son is given everything the Father has, and creates like Him. In the Kingdom, you are what you have. So the Son is literally given the Father. That is why the Father is within the Son, hence, "the Kingdom of God is within you". Because the Son creates like the Father, the Son is also a Father, making him equal in every way except for the cause/effect relationship. There is absolutely no learning curve whatsoever required to be equal to the Father because the Son is given all knowledge. So you may ask, if the Son was created and also creates like the Father, was his Father also created? Because the Kingdom is constantly increasing, extending itself, and being given away by all to all, you could safely assume so.

What is important to understand, however, for the purpose of salvation [sanity], is that the Son is not his own creator...did not create himself. Self-creation is an idea that is expressed by this world. It basically reverses the order of cause and effect. To accomplish this 'feat', the Son made what I call an "idol", which became his "creator", or substitute "father". Of course, this is all hypothetical, yet made to seem real, unquestionable, and irreversable. As man descends from this idol, it appears that he is created by "god". The fact of the matter is, however, this is how the Son thought to become his own creator. Because man descends from this false idol, I have said, "call no man father". I said it so much, I got the reputation of being born of a virgin. :D The Pharisees prided themselves on being descendants of man. So I called their father the devil. That did not fly too well. :D I was talking about YHWH/Jehovah of Hebrew lore.

The idol takes it's "life" as "consciousness"...which actually does not exist. However, in this world, consciousness substitutes for the process of creation that is God. Consciousness is basically a private wish granting factory. This world is basically a morbid fantasy, believed in, experienced, seen as worthless, and abandoned. It was all over in a single instant, no more significant than a green flash at sunset.

However, the fallout of this thought still seems to linger for those 'separated ones' caught up in the illusion of time. The Son - Self - is waiting to assist them at the moment they decide to abandon self-concepts and idols. Till then, the world is an experience born of curiosity, which answers the question, "What am I?" in negative terms. Whatever the world seems to be, it is exactly what the Son is not. For example:

He is not his own creator.
    He is not created unequally to his creator.
    He is not limited.
    He is not vulnerable.
    He cannot die.
    He is not special.
    He is not different.
    He is not any kind of form or "flesh".
    He is not confused.
    He does not attack.
    He is not guilty.
    He is not an idolator.
    He does not make love meaningless [adulterate it's meaning].
    He is not powerless.
    He is not at the mercy of circumstance.

You get the point. All of these attributes describe man. This is why it is said that flesh is opposite spirit and cannnot coexist. A Deist would be interested to know that this world represents anti-reality. "Christ" is another word for reality, which is the Son, which is the Kingdom of God. So this world is "the anti-Christ".

I emphasize the term "my Father" because it is the primal truth that reverses the effects of this world upon the Son's mind. It reverses the destructive effects of confusing cause and effect. Man is caught up in a blame game because he does not understand cause and effect. If he did, the justice system would fall apart and this world would be rendered obsolete. And so, he would be saved from it. However, "man", as such, cannot, will not be saved. What is saved is the mind which thought/believed itself separated/fragmented, which is symbolized by the concept of man. Hence, "what God has joined, let no man put asunder".

Jesus

#17     Jun 8, 2008
  8. Rain can water crops, or wash them away. So it can be a blessing or a cursing. The god-of-this-world blesses and curses alternately, whereas, our Father only blesses. Man is born of a belief in a strange god. Whatever reinforces that belief is welcome and tolerated.

"No man can see the face of God and live" means that the truth would render man obsolete because the sight of God shows that man does not exist. Vision [patent pending:)] shows man the "face of Christ". This is the beginning of the end of the self-concept that is man. As each chooses to see the face of Christ instead of what eyeballs tell him, he is given strength to surrender the false for the true.

Man "needs" rain. Man "needs", period. This is strange to the Son of God. He has no needs whatsoever. Like rain, the idol which produces it is "needed", and may procure 'worship' as the 'most High' at the top of a heirarchy. This is strange.

Man is inherently an idolator. That is, his seeming existence is the result of a belief in an idol. Man is not so much descended from a family tree as much as a decision tree.

Man is innocent because all of these scenarios are really hypothetical. As man wakes up to the fact that he is the Son of God, he will learn who he is by defying all of the laws of nature that this idol has made up to limit him. In this way, the truth will set him free.

Jesus

#18     Jun 8, 2008
  9. Allow me to be more direct.

Is the Bible the writings of God through Man, or of Man alone?

This question is binary in nature, one choice or the other will suffice, as it can only be one, or the other.

#19     Jun 8, 2008
  10. It is a mixed bag, mostly the idol writing through man in support of itself. It is a collection of the confused. It makes holy what is actually unholy, sacred what is not. The "bible" continues to be written and collected, as the idol continues to speak in support of itself through man. The latest books can be found at Barnes and Noble, for example. You can now read all about "Christ consciousness". But as I said in a previous post, consciousness is the idol. It is actually unconscious of reality [Christ], and speaks with a forked tongue, whatever the wishful wants to hear. After all, it is akin to a wish granting factory. "Man" is one of the wishes it has granted...one of the gifts it has offered. It offers gifts for its own protection, actually. As nonexistent, it works overtime to prove its existence. It is capable of random out-of-pattern signs and wonders bestowed upon it's believers. Of such were some of Israel's prophets. As Thomas has quoted me in his gospel, "they are dead". But I live.

Man is pretty much a hostage of consciousness which is capable of outwitting him. Tribes like Israel experienced - are experiencing - a kind of Patty Hearst syndrome. This has spread throughout what may be called 'christendom'...with a few exceptions.

The bible is a mixed bag because man is a mixed bag. Man is capable of hearing the Voice of God as it is given to him through the Holy Spirit. But not while he is tuned into the idol. The Voice has gotten through. It is documented along with the idol's voice. In this way, man speaks with a forked tongue also. He may not even know he is speaking from the Voice for God. Take this year's Olympic theme for example: "One world, one dream". It was probably not the purpose of the Chinese leadership to spread the gospel. However, the world is in fact one dream. All within it sleep, and dream of death, oblivious to oneness.

Likewise, the pop gospels yet contain sound-bytes of truth, useful only to those who wish to awaken. Because the bible is not entirely true, it may be considered utterly false. There is no compromise in salvation. The bible is holy or it is not. In fact, it is not. It divides. It does not unite.

The bible is a symbol full of symbols. It confuses more than clarifies. So what do you think is the author? It has become an oracle...a kind of idol of itself...not much different than the I-Ching. I simply interpret the symbols with the Voice for God. Like the bible, the entire world is full of symbols which confuse. They must be interpreted according to the Teacher of truth...until one is finally able to make a simple binary decision between what is true and what is false. Consciousness or Christ. Your choice. You cannot choose both because there is no compromise regarding the healing of mental conflict.

The idol has reduced the Son of God to a symbol of powerlessness: Man. Man but retains the ability to choose between truth and illusion. Otherwise, he is a hostage. He cannot serve both...though he tries. Till he chooses, power will remain illusive.

Jesus

#20     Jun 8, 2008