Does being on time have importance anymore?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, May 13, 2009.

1. Is being on time a thing of the past? I admit to being a bit over the top about being on time, but it seems like I'm the only one I know that is concerned about being somewhere at an appointed time whether by my design or a time set by someone else. My wife is an executive and she doesn't seem to see a need to go out of her way to be on time except on a rare occassion. My kids, oh man, I'm going to have my stroke/heart attack trying to get through to them the idea that being on time is important. I'll take a Black Swan event in the opposite direction of my position over that battle. :D
    So, am I just an old fart pushing an old fashioned outdated idea?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Being on time, personal responsibility, integrity, honesty, objectivity, pragmatism they're all becoming a pariah of sorts.

We're a dying breed, soon to be extinct taclander.

3. I told the owner of McD's if you hire my kid, she'll always be on time because I'm the driver and I know the importance of being on time and further more the only way she'll miss work is if she is dead :D . She is as dumb as a stick of wood but she got the job and has been there quite a while.

4. it matters to me. if you are a contractor and we set up a meeting and you are an hour late you probably just lost the job.

5. I wouldn't be expecting much of a Fathers Day gift this year if I were you. :D

6. Well, thanks, at least I'm not completely nuts for pushing the issue with my kids. Cripes maybe it'll give them an advantage down the road when they actually show up for an interview or meeting on time.