Does being a professional apply to people not in the States

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mahram, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Im in canada, so all of tthis only applies to americans right. even thought your an investment advisor in canada,manager etc it only applies to americans and you can say your a non professional since your not registered in any american jurisdiction.
    If I'm a professional trader, can I use QuoteCenter?

No, QuoteCenter is only for Non Professionals as defined by the New York Stock Exchange: Nonprofessional Subscriber means any person who is not: (i) registered or qualified with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, any state securities agency, any securities exchange or association, or any commodities or futures contract market or association; (ii) engaged as an investment advisor; nor (iii) employed by a bank or other organization exempt from registration under Federal and/or state securities laws to perform functions that would require him or her to be so registered or qualified if he or she were to perform such functions for an organization not so exempt. If you are a Professional, please contact Thomson Reuters Business Direct for the appropriate market data platform at 1-800-435-0101 (Select Option 6) in North America; or

2. Just completely IGNORE that "professional/unprofessional" BS.

Actually, QuoteCenter itself is no longer a "professional" platform because it's already several years old with no recent updates.

One of these days, it'll probably stop working. It's a cheap way to get foreign data. It's an option if you don't like eSignal.

But it's not a "professional" platform anymore so, WTF cares about what NYSE says?

I think if NYSE/GS had their way, they'd demand you trade with one hand behind your back or just bend over!