Does Apple prove that the stock market can be a total joke?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ChkitOut, Mar 8, 2013.

1. loaded about $60k worth of aapl in my ira at around $425. long 100x shares + 1x 2015 270C

#11     Mar 9, 2013
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The stock market is far more volatile than the underlying businesses.

That's how warren buffet and private equity shops make their money.

They wait until the stock markets volatility causes a business to be undervalued and they buy it. They then wait until the stock market is over valuing the business.

#12     Mar 9, 2013
  3. Daring

Daring

Nothing wrong with AAPL, just like everything in the stock market, if you overstay your welcome or fail to realize when the major trend has changed, you are dead.

Screw financial advisers or stock analysts, educate yourself in solid technical analysis.

#13     Mar 9, 2013
  4. they had a guy on tv who said, "I'm long from 32, so it really doesn't matter to me if it is trading at 800 or 400."

#14     Mar 9, 2013
  5. Case in point.

Obama had a market cap of about $1b coming into the election. relative performance? .... pfffftttttt. Never see those numbers again. Maybe 50k speaking in a tent.

#15     Mar 9, 2013
  6. Daring

Daring

Using a tangent to justify a fuck up, happens a lot among us humans.

#16     Mar 9, 2013
  7. yeah, i understand your point, sure values fluctuate in the billions all the time BUT

250 billion!!! thats a lot of up and down for a stable company like apple.

#17     Mar 9, 2013
  8. Humpy

Humpy

A lot of worth is calculated on the CEO's ability to manage the company well. The next generation of Tim Cook, Steve Balmer etc. just haven't got the calibre of their predecessers. CEOs usually hire people with less ability than themselves ( fear of being over-shadowed ) and fire those with more.
    Just 1 or 2 dud decisions can cost a premier company it's place at the top.

If Cook can prove himself the Apple stock will rocket again.

#18     Mar 9, 2013
  9. I'm not so sure about that. If your avg price in AAPL was 32, how worried would you be now? Would you be kicking yourself in the ass because you didn't sell at the top?

Keep in mind, you have gone through this many times

you went through this when it hit 50, then 100, then 200 and so on

I can agree with emg on one thing

most traders lose

but is not because they are small

it is because they trade

#19     Mar 9, 2013
  10. I dont think there is a man on the planet that can do what steve jobs did in the short amount of time he did it.

That man is the legend of all legends. :cool:

#20     Mar 9, 2013