Does Apple have an import breakdown from China on their 10k?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RGLD, May 11, 2019.

1. RGLD

RGLD

2. kashirin

kashirin

their US sales more than 100 billion, but I'm not sure tariffs are based on retail price

3. dozu888

dozu888

ok - this type of analysis would be useless... even if you get the right info... which is a big if.. how many thousands if not millions of people in the world are already doing this? what make you think you can do it better?.. there is no edge to be found there.

instead - pay attention to what stories they push - supplier problem? quality problem? sales forecast rumor up/down?

without fail they always push something around the earnings release... unfold that story... that's the feast dinner I always talk about.

Now - real fundamental research, may still be possible, if you are talking about a micro cap, and you actually fly to say the China plant and talk to the local guys and find out the truth.... there you may have an edge.

APPL? forget about it... how many analysts do you think have set up camp just to make sure they leave no stone unturned?... and if they find something, you think they are gonna publish it?

that's why, with a broad stroke of the brush, it is safer to take the opposite side of all the financial news, than taking the face value... because usually people release news for a purpose... and that purpose is definitely NOT to inform joe six-pack lol.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. themickey

themickey

Kind of right, kind of wrong.
    Fundamentals is an art in itself.
    Most traders ignore fundamentals therefore briefly, once one understands how to disseminate the jewels it becomes profitable. You need to look at the big picture on fundamentals, a bit of a history class on the Co.
    TA is an art, so is FA.
    When you marry the two it gives slightly more edge, it all adds up.
    Micro caps are a pain, works better on large caps.

5. dozu888

dozu888

problem is other than the sec filing, what else is out there... smoke and mirrors..

but if back to sec filing, them guys with wharton degrees already looked at them inside out, outside in... what art... street art maybe lol.

6. themickey

themickey

I get heaps out of FA. Lots of ideas, lot of leads but again it takes a while to know what to look for.
    Intraday scalpers not so, I would use price data for that job.

7. themickey

themickey

The big problem with FA is that it often leads into 'falling in love.'
    There is a way around this, just buy enough 'quality loves' and in the long run it will pull one clear out of the mess.