Does anyone want to publish their holy grail for intraday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TTT, Aug 9, 2018.

1. speedo

speedo

Systems don't make money, traders do. Until you accept that and recognize that becoming a trader is hard work, you are going nowhere.

#31     Aug 10, 2018
    cafeole, CSEtrader, birdman and 2 others like this.
  2. monet

monet

This is phenomenal: 97% (1st post), 99% (3rd post), 99.5% (4th post)!

#32     Aug 10, 2018
  3. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

I am very serious by the way. You don't have to believe it, doesn't make any difference to me.

#33     Aug 10, 2018
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Why don't you start, you are a successful swing trader, share your system. It might be possible to trade it on a smaller time frame.

#34     Aug 10, 2018
  5. That's what you should be doing. You will learn "things" trading with real money, even if small, that you won't get trading sim. Suggest you continue to trade small until you've gone through a "bad market" for you... that probably means a bear market of sorts. Ideally you'll get through it with the confidence that your method can "handle" such adversity. What's more likely is that you'll be saying, "thank goodness I wasn't trading bigger size". Like Mike Tyson said, "everybody has a plan until they get hit". You'll want to know whether or not you can "take a market punch" before you lever up.

The market has been so manipulated in recent years that there is perhaps an entire generation of traders who have never "taken a shot in the mouth". Best not be complacent, as "one is coming".

You should stop this bad practice. It only reinforces poor trading habit.

When testing a methodology in sim you want to exercise rigorous discipline. Otherwise, the effort is virtually worthless.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    #35     Aug 10, 2018
    Bugsy, CSEtrader, _eug_ and 1 other person like this.
  6. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Sounds a lot like hate to me. Those numbers are based off of improvements made on a day by day basis and different strategies. Do you know how to trade Nadex?

#36     Aug 10, 2018
  7. Rs_trader

Rs_trader

I just post two systems in my twitter (@quantpt) for free. On daily time. One have AR 17% and other 13%. Both combined have 14/15% with MDD 14/15%. Probably not the holy grail but.... if interested i can put the code here.

#37     Aug 10, 2018
  8. _eug_

_eug_

No stop loss orders, average down losers.

(sarcasm) or is it

#38     Aug 10, 2018
  9. TTT

TTT

For me, my holy grail is the Weinstein system, but that's no secret, anyone can buy the book. And my intuition after operating 10 years. That is not learned in books.

#39     Aug 10, 2018
  10. TTT

TTT

Why do not you want to share? What nonsense. Do you want to take all the money to the grave? You have to be realistic. You're not going to take anything to the grave.

#40     Aug 10, 2018