Does Anyone Use Lime Brokerage?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jjs235, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jjs235

jjs235

All trades are routed directly to an exchange, this beats IB checking your order first with Timberhill. Also, IB does not allow a trader to route away from an exchange, where as Lime does.

#21     Nov 12, 2012
  2. 2rosy

2rosy

but isn't all the money in equities by getting the orders prior to them going to an exchange? can you hit darkpools or internalized networks with lime? When i used lime, darkpools and internalizers weren't that large a piece of the pie.

#22     Nov 13, 2012
  3. Occam

Occam

By definition, internalized orders are orders that are traded against by the customer's own broker. So unless you have your own customer order flow to pillage, you're out of luck.

Dark pools, yes Lime has access to at least some of them, as does every other brokerage of that caliber. But I think you'd be a muppet to use dark pools, especially if it's one of the ones that's owned by a firm that also trades for itself (I'd be amazed if Pipeline was the only one playing its customers behind their backs).

http://www.advancedtrading.com/crossingnetworks/pipeline-shakes-up-management-following/231903157

#23     Nov 13, 2012