Does Anyone Use Lime Brokerage?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jjs235, Jan 11, 2012.

1. what do you pay for options commission if you don't mind? did you have to negotiate a deal or was it take it or leave it from them?

#11     Nov 12, 2012
  2. 1245

Lime Brokerage is the Low latency, high frequency execution subsidiary of Wedbush Securities. The only reason to use them is for Low latency requirements and FIX connections. Lime is not a retail oriented broker, so you won’t find a standard commission schedule. It’s negotiated and you will get different prices when you speak to different people. I don't believe you can use Lime for execution and clear at IB. IB will not be able to monitor risk and margin on the Lime Platform. My best guess is that for IB to allow this, you will need an account with over $5M.

Regarding the minimum commissions per month, many Institutional Prime Brokers have those requirements including Wedbush and ABM AMRO, the two clearing relationships they have.

Blackstormcap asked about Knight Capital. Knight does not current offer this service to non-broker dealers for securities, only futures.

#12     Nov 12, 2012
  3. jjs235

jjs235

If you trade over 1,000,000 shares/month and are coded up with FIX connectivity, it would not hurt to inquire.

#13     Nov 12, 2012
  4. jjs235

jjs235

That is negotiable. If they really want your business, they will beat whatever your current commissions are. I only trade equities, and they beat IB.

#14     Nov 12, 2012
  5. 1245

Their target market is more accounts over $1m trading over 10M shares a month.

#15     Nov 12, 2012
  6. These days, Lime is in the "really wants your business" category, for sure. They have been hurting something fierce, and their dev office is practically a ghost town these days.

#16     Nov 12, 2012
  7. 2rosy

2rosy

aren't all equities routed away or traded on a dark pool now. I thought anything going to an exchange is what no one else wants.

I do see that lime offers futures and options which is new.

#17     Nov 12, 2012
  8. Not trying to be rude but if you have to ask you probably don't belong there.

How do you feel about Wedbush?

Why consider switching from IB? Are you colo at IB? (Where)

#18     Nov 12, 2012
  9. jjs235

jjs235

LOL. If you kept reading you would see I am now a VERY happy client of Lime Brokerage with FIX connectivity (mandatory) and wanted to pass on the information to others inquiring about Lime now or in the future. By reading this thread, forum members will have a greater understanding of the merits in switching to Lime.

IB is pathetic compared to Lime for high volume &/or low latency traders. I now use both, however, since IB has an impressive hard to short stock list.

I feel Wedbush is a safer bet than IB.

#19     Nov 12, 2012
  10. jjs235

jjs235

Additionally, there is limited information out there for high frequency clients who created their own destiny and do not have a large network.

This thread applies to less than 1% of the elitetrader forum members, so this goes out to you. Hopefully at least one other forum member receives value from this thread.

#20     Nov 12, 2012