Does anyone use IB's Charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 1flyfisher, Oct 31, 2009.

1. I do. Please add any constructive criticism if you have any.

#71     Dec 2, 2009
  2. Rohok

Rohok

My 2 cents on TWS:

Have a couple of default work space configurations pre loaded when you first download the program. That way the people starting out can have something they can modify to their needs.

I don´t know if this feature is available, but for me, if I put in AMZN I don´t wanna have to jump through a lot of hoops to decide that I want ARCA Amazon, not options, not futures etc etc. After a while that can get real tiresome if you wanna check out many symbols.

I haven´t been able to do it, but linked charts with portfolio or booktrader would be a plus.

KISS, I think, would be the best approach. TWS is almost TOO good with a TON of features that most of us don´t have the time and patience to learn.

Just my thoughts.

#72     Dec 7, 2009
  3. IB Dav,

Just downloaded the new version of TWS. Noticed that you guys added a invisible margin line to the right of the chart to be able to increase or decrease space.
    Unfortunately, even though the margin is completely unnecessary, it also makes it very difficult or impossible if you try to draw a small trend line close to or over it. (or give us a way of how to remove the margin)
    If you guys really want to help, PLEASE make it possible to drop stop orders on the chart that stay at the price where it has been dropped. With currencies and bonds the order flies off the chart! Limit orders work perfectly fine, why can't stop orders.
    Thanks.

btw, how do I go back to the previous version of TWS?

#73     Dec 9, 2009
  4. I've always moved from one version to a newer or earlier one by simply installing it over the current one.

#74     Dec 9, 2009
  5. i would like to add stops (after the order is placed) on chart trader.

i really like charttrader, but would like charttrader built up so that stops could be configured by just pointing and clicking on a stops bottom, and dragging a (orange line) on the chart where i would want to exit the trade on a stop basis.

so i click on buy, then drag the blue line where i want to buy.

then i click on stop, and drag the orange line on the chart where i want to be stopped out on my trade if it goes against me.

that easy, as a preconfigured default everytime you view charttrader.

this would help customize stops depending upon market conditions and trade setups on the fly, with much quicker personalization to a given trade--that I find bracket orders (preconfigured) and otherwise too slow a process and clumsy in real time market conditions.

i have been waiting for that for ever!

#75     Dec 9, 2009
  6. Thank you, Sir.

#76     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Dankeri

Dankeri

Haha, this bug is there for years. Reported many times.

The problem with IB is that the less public a complaint is made the less attention it gets. So posting it here makes a chance it will be fixed finally. Posting on IB own forums makes less attention to the staff and their universal reply usually is - go and post a suggestion poll. Even if you are reporting a bug not a new suggestion. They change and cripple something completely functional, you make a complaint and they tell you to go to make a ~suggestion~ in the ~poll~ system. That's why bugs do not get fixed for years.

I like TWS, its concept and functions. I hate the development team constantly breaking things and not fixing major bugs for years. I hate IB for not hearing people who just want to help make their product better or even usable.

#77     Dec 10, 2009
  8. Dav, here is a description.

[​IMG]

#78     Dec 10, 2009
  9. Perfect illustration of the incompetence of IB developers.
    Just stop using those charts, well unless you are kinda funny mental, then they might be useful to check which way the stock is going , up or down.

P.S. I guess it's because of customers like you that IB TWS went down the shitter.

#79     Dec 11, 2009
  10. Another very important addition would be to able to save indicators with new parameters as 'default', so every time the indicator is used there is no need to adjust anything.

Thanks.

#80     Dec 13, 2009