Does anyone use IB's Charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 1flyfisher, Oct 31, 2009.

1. I did, I did a webinar for charts. I have the manual up. This thing is so cluttered up and bloated you have to struggle with everything to find an answer or solution. That's its problem.

Do you know how to restore the buttons?

What happened is I closed the buttons off.
    So in order to restore them you would logically look under configure and then chart trader and then you see buttons, but that is a dead end. That makes sense and would be the path people would follow. AHA but the solution isn't there it is under Configure Settings. It is just so difficult in that regard and not well laid out and lacks ease of use. Too cluttered up.

#51     Nov 9, 2009
  2. Since we are looking at IB charts and ideas, I thought it could be good to add a link/file for 'saved' words or phrases to the commentary window.

#52     Nov 10, 2009
  3. An example of IB's charting ...

#53     Nov 13, 2009
  4. And the same chart after refresh ...

#54     Nov 13, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Lots of problems going on.

#55     Nov 13, 2009
  6. Good broker but they'd be kick-ass if they had charts that worked ... and kept working in each new version. I don't know why that's so difficult.

(see post on p. 9)

#56     Nov 13, 2009
  7. Four hour bars would also be appreciated.

#57     Nov 17, 2009
  8. So would tick charts.
    And also the ability to display more than 1-2 days of small interval (< 5 minute) data.

#58     Nov 17, 2009
  9. IB charting platform is ok. The basic indicators are there. Data is not delayed as far as I know. It does take a little getting used to if you used other charting software/brokers. The webinar/tutorials are a big help. Never had any problems with them.

#59     Nov 17, 2009
  10. I believe IB bundles ticks, so real tick/volume charts would require a change in their network.

The charts may have somewhat limited utility because of that, but it depends on what you are charting for of course.

#60     Nov 17, 2009