Does anyone use IB's Charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 1flyfisher, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Bob111

Bob111

another one. look for difference between last price in TWS and chart
    basically-you have click refresh every second,like you using a browser or something..

#41     Nov 4, 2009
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Bob111:

I just upgraded from TWS 898.4 to TWS 899.7 per IB's Dav private message that the latest TWS revision has a fix to reduce the CPU usage. This reduced my CPU usage level due to the mouse movement over the tick line charts from 100% to a more acceptable level of 67%. I did this test on an older 1.7 GH single core CPU so I expect a much better performance when I install this TWS upgrade on faster dual core CPU.

Thanks IB Dav for you help with this problem fix as the IB tech support help on my current open ticket is obviously unaware of this fix.

#42     Nov 4, 2009
  3. I did the chart webinar yesterday which was pretty good and necessary. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure things out on my own. Definately do a webinar if you want to try this thing out.

I still had a lot of trouble today trying to get the charts to work right.
    I had 4 charts on a grid for two days just fine and then today one damn chart just would not stay in the lower left corner. It would only take up the full screen or minimize to a tab. I eventually did something to fix it but I don't know what and it took me some 20 minutes. Hopefully it stays fixed. Then need to figure out how to simplify things. I had Quotetracker up and running right away with little effort and it was working for mr to my advantage, IB charts work against me.

I still don't know what to think of this thing. It has some nice features such as the quote line above the chart and the chart trader. I am still trying to set things up and get used to it. Overall it is way more work to set up and get used to than other programs.

I will check for any lag tomorrow. If that is the case then the thing is worthless.

Here's an easy fix.... for the webinars. Do the webinar presentation from start to finish with no interruptions and save questions until AFTER the webinar is over. So people can leave the webinar if they don't want to sit through other peoples questions.

#43     Nov 4, 2009
  4. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The data lag issue that Bob111 posted was addresseed as well. If you see it in TWS 898 or subesquent versions let me know.

#44     Nov 5, 2009
  5. I just was looking for data lag and could not see any. I have the quote line on my chart and was comparing it to TWS and I did not see any difference.

I have TWS running and multiple Charts up and running. I went into performance to check CPU usage. The CPU performance monitor fluctuates from 0-5% or so with occasional spikes to 20%(The highest) So I have no problem whatsoever as far as Cpu usage.

I have a Core 2 Duo, T5470 1.6 ghz 4gb of ram. Running latest version of TWS the 899 I think it is.

#45     Nov 5, 2009
  6. So the issue is that the 1-minute bar is not painted until the end of the minute?

#46     Nov 8, 2009
  7. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

No, chart bars move in step with market data.

#47     Nov 9, 2009
  8. LOL
    Still trying to figure this bloated pig out.

I was trying to figure out chart trader in a simulated TWS.
    When I opened it there were buttons for buy and sell blue and red. They have since magically disappeared and I have no idea how to restore them!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#48     Nov 9, 2009
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Click the gray button in the lower left corner beside the word "Buttons".

#49     Nov 9, 2009
  10. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Geez almighty man, you are starting to scare me. How about this. 1) read manual, specifically part about charts. 2) apply what you read. 3) post questions here if you still have any?

EF

#50     Nov 9, 2009