Does anyone try and jump into a position after a Fundamental announcement has been re

Discussion in 'Forex' started by skepticaltrader, Aug 22, 2005.

1. danoXP

danoXP

... used to think that also, but found that just watching the ticker ... and trading off the move is easier than trying to decifer the unemployment report, or the oil inventory report, or the Fed transcript and then acting on the plan.

Bloomberg alerts and IB bid/ask seem to move in sync. If anything IB bid/ask reacts faster.

However, on rare occasions, there is the "head fake" move ahead of the announcement ... sometimes it leads to an investigation (Michigan sentiment release not so long ago).

my 2 cents

#11     Aug 29, 2005
  2. Who is Mr. Spanton???

#12     Aug 30, 2005
  3. #13     Aug 30, 2005
  4. #14     Aug 30, 2005
  5. fbaz

fbaz

please what are the major market news for the usd?
    and how are these news traded?

#15     Sep 16, 2005
  6. Frege

Frege

It's the big news which make the big moves...

#16     Dec 22, 2005
  7. Frege

Frege

Mr. Spanton was right on that one...

#17     Dec 22, 2005
  8. Frege

Frege

Look here:

http://www.forexfactory.com

#18     Mar 5, 2006
  9. danoXP

danoXP

Thank you ... I have been looking for a site that encompasses global calendar. Very nice, looks better than the economic calender from Briefing.com I currently use.

-dan

#19     Mar 5, 2006
  10. fitrol

fitrol

Just my 2 cents, but when I was learning the biz many moons ago I was told by someone I worked with that you should never initiate new positions for at least 20 mins following major economic figures.
    Its something I have followed ever since and to be fair it allows all the 'crap' to be digested and may cost you a few bucks on an initial move, but over the years it has saved me more than its cost me!!

Peace & Profit

#20     Mar 6, 2006