Does anyone trade with the Dell XPS15 3200x1800 res laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daal, May 1, 2014.

1. Daal

Daal

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd

I heard a guy who trades with it complain that you can barely see anything with that resolution so maybe that is overkill and 2500 by 1xxx is the way to go?

2. easymon1

easymon1

Has your friend stated his case to Dell? Why not call Dell tech support and see if you are correct or if perhaps that's a configurable.

3. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

In my experience to use very high resolutions you need very large displays otherwise everything just looks too small.

I've done some research recently and for the time being the 1920x1080 standard in 23/24" seems to be ideal for traders.

4. 3200x1800 resolution on a 15.6" screen?

Gotta be kidding.

Can't see that fine a resolution = money wasted. Especially with charting. And with order status and price quote... text too small = easy to misplace orders. (Did you have 120 shares or 428 shares partial filled?)

I use a laptop that has 1920x1080 on a 18.3" screen. The resolution/screen-size is about right for me. I do wish to have something like 2560x1600 but for that I want something like a 22" inch for the laptop.

5. Daal

Daal

I was thinking something along those lines. It might be better a bit less resolution rather than pay for something that goes unusable. I was just wondering if other people here have tried it out. I plan in buying 2 high res laptops so I can trade while travelling

6. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

Is it 15" model for such resolution like you mentioned ? For sure it's overkill of some sort, no wonder there. Yes for 24" and even 27" standart is like 1920*1080 and here you want to say me that you run laptop trading on such ? Do not work.

7. heispark

heispark

My simple advice: NEVER EVER BUY DELL! Dell is almost criminal. Their products both HW & SW are flawed. Make some google search why.

8. heispark

heispark