Does anyone think this Market is Manipulated Up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Aug 3, 2005.

Do you think the market is being manipulated?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, definitely

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Seems to be that way

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. I dont think so

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Absolutely not, its not possible mkt is too big.

14 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. nassau

nassau

manipulation....gosh, sounds like RFX...per IPO :p naa

w

#61     Nov 11, 2005
  2. did anyone see that?

market was weaking and they immediately started ticking oil down, it was up .50 now it is unch.

incredible, never seen this much obvious manipulation of the markets in my time following the markets.

i guess everyone needs a positive market to get paid this year.

#62     Nov 14, 2005

3. Best thing you can do is check out the last time the SPX had a 2% down day...

then compare that streak to the other longest ones in stock market history...

very surprising imo and very revealing$$

#63     Nov 14, 2005
  4. Steveyd

Steveyd

628 trading days and counting. Last time the SPX had a streak like this was 526 days to March '96. Then, there still were 4 more years of bull market to go (with an increase in volatility and 2% down days) before the top......

#64     Nov 14, 2005
  5. Of course the stock market is manipulated - and for the benefit of all Americans, and most people in the world for that matter. Do we want the Dow around 8000 like it was after September 11th? If so, how would an 8000 Dow make the U.S. and the world a better place?

The "plunge protection team" was mandated by executive order years ago to protect the U.S. stock market. It won't be rescinded.

#65     Nov 14, 2005
  6. did bush lie abt wmds??????

#66     Nov 14, 2005
  7. Cheese

Cheese

Does anyone think this Market is Manipulated Up?
    My answer is, No.

There might be those who think that the market is being manipulated up. This is an alternative to understanding and mastering the market.
    :)

#67     Nov 14, 2005
  8. Agreed. Everything happens for a reason.
    Just like at the poker table, either you know which players are the fresh meat, or you are the meat

#68     Nov 14, 2005
  9. yes, we can only dream of a "coolweb" at every poker table.

#69     Nov 14, 2005
  10. #70     Nov 15, 2005