Does anyone think this Market is Manipulated Up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Aug 3, 2005.

Do you think the market is being manipulated?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, definitely

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Seems to be that way

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. I dont think so

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Absolutely not, its not possible mkt is too big.

14 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. what does this mean?

#51     Nov 7, 2005
  2. Does anyone think this Market is Manipulated Up?

Don't worry about this. If so, you'll get a nicer crash in return later on.
    :)

#52     Nov 7, 2005
  3. Does anyone else see that if the market is down more than 50 pts, that miraculously oil starts trading off?

#53     Nov 8, 2005
  4. Its as transparent to me as when the Bush Administration was pumping out W.M.D propaganda a few years back.

#54     Nov 8, 2005
  5. The minor trend is the only one of the three trends which can be manipulated . Primary and secondary trends cannot be manipulated, it would strain the resources of the US treasury to do so.

Edwards&Magee

#55     Nov 8, 2005
  6. gnome

gnome

With the peer pressure in this agency market, manipulating the minor trend is enough.... sort of like firing a shot to stampede the herd of cattle.

#56     Nov 8, 2005
  7. I agree with you...

#57     Nov 8, 2005
  8. nassau

nassau

absolutely agree with you
    they use any excuse to go long
    corporations are now stating softer expectations so when they are better you get a rally,
    oil and gas one day are discounted ? next week reason for the rally.

brokers only make money seller to buyers ..thus the reason you see analysis upgrading stocks a week to few days before earnings...totally manipulated and getting worse.

in my opinion

w

#58     Nov 8, 2005
  9. dac8555

dac8555

manuipulated is a tough word....but basically, in regards to equities...yes...there are a million reasons to do it too. Most of it starts with investment banking...gotta raise the money for the stock to go public. then the underwriter has to highly rate the stock in order for it to be profitable. add to that that "short" is a 4 letter word....and you have the beginnings of a long line of upward pushing. Ever heard one of the talking heads on bloomberg or CNN say "we highly reccomend you short this stock"? i havent.

#59     Nov 8, 2005
  10. lol.

#60     Nov 11, 2005