Does anyone think this Market is Manipulated Up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Aug 3, 2005.

Do you think the market is being manipulated?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, definitely

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Seems to be that way

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. I dont think so

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Absolutely not, its not possible mkt is too big.

14 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. Oh Boo Hoo! C'mon Dude, B+ve

What is the definition of indifference: "I don't know and I don't care" :D
    Don't worry about the manipulation (or was is it malipulation) just groove out to some cool tunes, sip some armagnac and trade, and above all
    B+ve
    :cool:

#31     Aug 4, 2005
  2. Anyone notice bonds since like 2pm august 11?

#32     Aug 12, 2005
  3. I believe some short players are using crude and natural gas as a way to top/cap and tank the market, it is much easier to control the equities market by just spiking crude. It doesn't always work but I am sure some hedge funds with short index and equities positions and exposure are using crude to play their positions.

If Eric Bolling does 5% of natural gas volume and only has an estimated income of 10-15 million last year, I could imagine how some funds could bully crude around using natural gas, crude directly, or both.

#33     Aug 12, 2005
  4. you dont think the global crude market is also pretty large?

#34     Aug 12, 2005
  5. It is, but recently, crude has been following natural gas. I am not an expert but if Eric Bolling is responsible for 5% of the natural gas pit and makes an estimated 10-15 million as an independent trader, this market could be easily bullied. If the larger equities market follows the direction of crude at any point in time, this would lead to an opportunity to tank or spike the equities market using natural gas and crude with a smaller notional size than going in the equities market and trying to spike it or tank it directly.

#35     Aug 12, 2005
  6. Exactly.

Market just chopped YTD and is up a little on low volume and futures trading constantly overshorting it. Look just give me the institutional buying of 2003 and I'll call this an all time roaring bull market cause these Bullsh*t choppy uptrends of stocks by day traders & programs makes it very hard take any reasonable size and sell it properly.

Let's hope this market pulls back during the rest of August & Septmber, more hedgies short the hell out of it and then PPT squeezes them in Oct. That would set up nice for the institutions and retail investors buying in a craze. Need some real bag holders in this market.

#36     Aug 12, 2005
  7. I agree, you need people to be long and trapped, this hasnt happened yet imo.

#37     Aug 12, 2005
  8. buylo

buylo

Every time people start to lose money around here, conspiracy theories abound. Its the summer, so markets suck. Don't trade as much, practice good risk management, and wait for the markets to return.

You don't have to be trying to make money EVERYDAY. It is impossible. Your progression as a trader is not straight up. Just don't get beat up during your personal retracements.

THINK POSITIVE, STAY POSITIVE.

#38     Aug 12, 2005
  9. Dow keep going to 10666, something is evil in the market.

#39     Aug 12, 2005
  10. A good book to read is your best life now by Joel Osteen, its a great book.

#40     Aug 12, 2005