Does anyone think this Market is Manipulated Up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Aug 3, 2005.

Do you think the market is being manipulated?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, definitely

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Seems to be that way

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. I dont think so

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Absolutely not, its not possible mkt is too big.

14 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. no risk means just that....

buy dips..... no risk.... free money $$

#11     Aug 3, 2005
  2. Where did that huge BUY program come from?

Wow, this is incredible, mkt is never down...scary actually. Fundamentals do not support this. One day we will be down 1000 points.

#12     Aug 3, 2005
  3. or tomorrow we could be up 1000 points....

On the Nasdaq!

3300 by Sept Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13     Aug 3, 2005
  4. Your smoking that grass from Y2K again.

#14     Aug 3, 2005
  5. I wish, that was good stuff.

#15     Aug 3, 2005
  6. Considering the fact that traders must hide their orders to assist in exiting or at least better assist,
    the constant flow through of limit orders prices with the ECN's, locked markets, brokers ?? technical problem failures during rallies, stock price moves premarket or during trading hours which cause the stock to move over 50percent of the stocks regular? range
    the fact a stock gets upgraded a few days before it is to report
    the fact insiders have 30days to report they have sold shares, the fact corporations give low expecations to beat expectation to create a bull market,
    market markers goal of maintaining the market within a specific channel as per instructions?
    negative news is cast aside as the market has already taken it into consideration? an example is oil will not effect the economy until 90 dollars, don't know about you but a lot of people I know are definitely being hurt by the price of gas. the list goes on

The market rallies until the big boys say so.
    They give us traders the opportunity to have a few crumbs as do a few thousand shares really make any difference in the skeem of things.

We both need each other, high, lows for the year allow bears/bulls to make money. After all does any one really know what a stock is worth, we have all seen what creative accounting can do.

Manipulated you bet ya. but that god, could you imagine if all stocks moved like msft. We need the volitility, I just hate being on the wrong side.

#16     Aug 3, 2005
  7. ?, umm, what?

#17     Aug 3, 2005

8. No risk is right EqtTrdr, This market is not going down and everyone knows it, Greenspan will get a fabulous farewell as the best bubble blower of all time. Everything is clear sailing for the rest of the year.

#18     Aug 3, 2005
  9. I agree, i made money just buying stocks again, until the trend changes i want to be involved.

#19     Aug 3, 2005
  10. taodr

taodr

Bush needs the markets up and flying so he can push his retirement plan. Last time when he introduced it the markets were selling off. They want to FORCE the public to buy stocks especially when the real estate market tanks. They keep saying the public is not really buying, so who's money is it. Most of the public now knows what a racket stock markets are.

#20     Aug 3, 2005