Does anyone snowboard here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maverick74, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have a quick question for you if you do.

2. yes

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes. for 17 years.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK great. I'm looking to get a balance board to work on my balance so I can learn to snowboard. Just curious which one you guys thought would be the most beneficial.

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The second one of course. I have one at home. It is not that easy and a good exercice for balance.

I bought it 8 years ago when I was reeducating from a knee ACL surgery( snowboard injury ).

It is even better for your ankles, probably one of the best exercice for ankles. I do it every time I roll an ankle skateboarding( 2-3 times a year ).

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The pivot under the base must be hemispheric and enable you to move in every direction. I don't know if it is the case with the product shown.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Thanks! I really wasn't sure. I really need to improve my balance. I'm curious, how did you hurt your knee snowboarding?

8. Wow, I don't feel like a 46 year old old fart so much now. I tried snowboarding a couple of years ago to get the kids out of the house doing something other than gaming during the winter and I think i'm the only one that enjoys it. I didn't do anything other than go out and do it. I'm not going to be in the X-Games anytime soon, but I guess I don't think it requires any special training. Obviously adding balance practice is fine, but if you do other sports I would think you are fine going out and falling a couple of times and getting the hang of it. For me it seemed more natural than using 2 skis, but to each his own.

9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Backside 360 over a kicker in a snowpark, was going too slow , hit the flat before the reception... I didn't see I was too short ( backside rotation )and didn't have the time to wait for the impact.

Broken ACLs is one of the injuries that hurts the most. It is just horrible for one minute and then it just stops. You think you can stand but you soon realize that your knee isn't holding you..LOL.

If you are learning snowboard, make sure to turn with the board when you fall to avoid knee injuries. Just let your body follow the board.:)

10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Do you have a surfing background? That's weird.:)

#10     Jan 12, 2011