Does Anyone Really Believe that Petreaus is stepping down is because of adultery?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Nov 9, 2012.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Smells like bullshit.

2. My thoughts too.

But still, the Direction of Central Intelligence is too dimwitted to know he can't be having affairs?

I respect the military, but these ex-generals often have humongous egos and poor judgment.

3. No

4. All these guys got some action on the side. It's a convenient excuse to get out of town before Benghazi gate blows up. If he's willing to suffer the humiliation of this, a shit storm is coming and he knows it.

5. BSAM

BSAM

Good point, brother Captain.
    Perhaps a prelude to impeachment?

6. That was the first thing that occurred to me, but if that was the reason, he would have quit "on principle" before the election and thrown obama and hillary under the bus.

The DCI cannot be running around having affairs. WTF was he thinking? It's not like he is head of the Department of Agriculture. It exposes him to blackmail, and he is required to undergo polygraph testing, I am certain. Either he failed a polygraph, admitted it under polygraph or someone expose him. Certainly agents have to report anything that could expose them to blackmail, so it would be hugely hypocritical to allow him to violate the rules.

7. Maybe he tried to resign and was "asked" to stay on until after the election. Who knows. Poor judgement on his part either way.

8. wildchild

wildchild

A few days before the election the intelligence community released a report that was giving Obama some cover on Libya. Maybe he was exposed to blackmail by people who were looking out for Obama.

Yesterday was Iran shooting at our aircraft several days before the election but it was not reported till after the election. Now we have this. Who knows what other nuggets of information might come out about this. Of course all these shoes are dropping AFTER the election.

I wonder what other things Obama decided to hide till after the election. The next few weeks should be interesting.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Whoops, Turns out Petraues was scheduled to testify in front of congress 2 days from now, another convenient coincidence in favour of the obama admin..... Wonder if this testimony will ever happen now.....

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, General David Petraeus, the CIA Director, has resigned from the administration over an extramarital affair. Petraeus was slated to testify before Congress next week on the murder of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, in Benghazi. Bret Baier of Fox News just tweeted, "With Petraeus’ resignation effective immediately, he will not testify next week & lawmakers are said to be 'stunned' by the announcement.............."

.....Now that the Obama administration has succeeded in winning a second term, they are cleaning house. The two figures most linked to the disaster in Benghazi, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Petraeus, are gone. The figure most linked with Fast and Furious, Eric Holder, will be gone. The figure most linked to the administration’s economic failures, Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geithner, will be gone.......

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/09/CIA-Director-Petraeus-Resigns

10. pspr

pspr

LT. COL. RALPH PETERS: The timing is just too perfect for the Obama administration. Just as the administration claimed it was purely coincidence that our Benghazi consulate was attacked on the anniversary of September 11th. Now it’s purely coincidence that this affair -- extra-marital affair -- surfaces right after the election, not before, but right after, but before the intelligence chiefs go to Capitol Hill to get grilled. As an old intelligence analyst, Neil, the way I read this -- I could be totally wrong, this is my interpretation -- is that the administration was unhappy with Petraeus not playing ball 100% on their party-line story. I think it's getting cold feet about testifying under oath on their party-line story. And I suspect that these tough Chicago guys knew about this affair for a while, held it in their back pocket until they needed to play the card.

I don't like conspiracy theories, I may be totally wrong, but the timing of this, again, right after the election and right before Petraeus is supposed to get grilled on Capitol Hill, it's really smells.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_on_petraeus_timing_is_just_too_perfect.html

#10     Nov 10, 2012