Does anyone knows how much can I possibly make a day in the FOREX market with $3,000?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ARISTOKRAT LAN, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Xela

Xela

Wrong tense: it was 4 years ago.

The OP, predictably enough for someone who was planning to start trading with $3,000 and no experience or knowledge, by taking an "Online Trading Academy" course, made that one post only and then disappeared. His profile is "no longer available".

#21     May 28, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  2. Perhaps he's gone broke.

#22     May 28, 2016
  3. $3000 is enough as long as you have required skills...
    it has to be minimum 1 year with demo, and this is also a good time to study the price action and other technical tools;
    then followed by real account - with which you will find out the difference between real and demo - and the difference involves the psychological issues as well as the marginal calls;
    then followed by incorporating the risk management as well as diversification (into your strategy) - the knowledge you presumably have learned from the finance papers at your University .
    then I guess the $3000 is enough

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    #23     May 28, 2016
  4. doggyfx

doggyfx

Well as a rule of thumb you can set 1% of profit/loss from your deposit it is $30 per trade. Appropriate lot size for this bet is 0.1 lot (30 pips per trade-spread).

#24     May 30, 2016
  5. gkishot

gkishot

No way. Do you have a proof?

#25     May 30, 2016
  6. I don't think it wouldn't be possible for anyone to make such a huge amount every day.

#26     Jun 25, 2016
  7. K-Pia

K-Pia

My guess is that you prone to lose much more in a trade than you're able to make in a month. Impressive, Isn't it ?

#27     Jun 25, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  8. doggyfx

doggyfx

So that's why 99% of retail forex traders lose? here is the solution :)

#28     Jun 26, 2016
  9. K-Pia

K-Pia

Yes. IMHO most losers are fragile.
    Which is a left (Negative) tailed return's distribution.
    At best, Lots of small gains and few but fatal / enormous losses.

#29     Jun 26, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  10. Xela

Xela

I think this scenario is probably much more common than many people realise.

A lot of people who don't have a particularly clear understanding of statistics and probability "feel safer" having a high win-rate, and are willing, during their self-education process, only to conceptualise their aspirations in terms of methods with high win-rates. I don't suggest that it's impossible for that approach ever to work, of course, but it's clearly one which hinders many people, and it significantly limits the perspective of the picture they're looking at.

Nobody was born with an understanding of probability and statistics, and some people (especially in collusion with others, for instance in places like "forums") fool themselves into believing that acquiring some understanding of it "isn't really necessary" and that its deficiency "won't really matter". For most them, of course, it will matter very much indeed.

But there you go - most people don't really want to learn how to trade, even when they say they do. Most people want to have learned how to trade: they want the outcome without the process.

#30     Jun 26, 2016
    Handle123, jl1575 and K-Pia like this.