Does anyone knows how much can I possibly make a day in the FOREX market with $2500?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ARISTOKRAT LA, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Good1

Good1

Finally someone addresses, imo, the OP's question. I don't think the question is how much the OP can make, it's how much someone with experience could make with that amount.

I'd like to hear more about what the experienced believe they can make with that much of a start ($2500) in Forex.

#11     Apr 15, 2012
  2. Good1

Good1

Of course! But how much can YOU make with that amount to start with? How much, consistently and safely can YOU make, without it turning into a crap shoot?

#12     Apr 15, 2012
  3. ashantt

ashantt

With NO EXPERIENCE in trading, you will more than likely lose all of it within 30 days. Sorry to be a downer but that's how it goes.

But! But! IF you actually take the time to learn trading via a simulator or paper trading software, develop some sort of an edge and be patient about making money then you will more than likely last as a trader.

If you are looking to make an X amount of money right off the bat, the odds are weighed heavily against you.

Discipline, hard work and patience are required to achieve anything worthwhile.

Good luck to you!

#13     Apr 15, 2012
  4. Handle123

Handle123

#14     Apr 15, 2012
  5. RobertG

RobertG

I think that when you ask "how much can I make" is because you need to cover bills, expenses, etc and you rely on some cash coming in.
    The market owes you nothing and its not an annuity.

from your question you cant afford trading now neither the course you are about to take.

RG

#15     Apr 15, 2012
  6. Johnfox

Johnfox

Well, yes and no. If you arent stupid and can abide by a simple set of rules then for sure you can make money. but if you are stupid and greedy and dont keep emotions in check then you will lose the lot.

#16     Apr 15, 2012
  7. TRS

TRS

Pips not dollars.

Minimum 50 pips per 24 hour session

#17     Apr 16, 2012
  8. FJMcC

FJMcC

I think trading 1.5 standard lots per 10K in your account, with a max loss of 200 per trade, a solid trader should be able to average in the 15 pips per day range. So you would be trading about .33 lots, i guess you could make aroung 50 dollars a day.

All of the above is if you are a superstar trader, with a really good broker, and a cast iron constitution and tremendous discipline.

3 pieces of advice for generating that elusive 15 pips.

Sell resistance in a downtrend, and vice versa.

Always know your puke point, and honor it.

Let the market take you in and out of trades, never force your direction.

Build your account and get it up to a point where you can make a decent living, like say 100k trading tens.

I also wouldn't spend a nickel on any advisory service or training course. There is too much good free stuff out there. Logical Trader by Marc Fisher, it's like 30 bucks at the bookstore, and free at the library. Barbara Rockefeller's daily report is pricey for a new trader, but worth maybe 100x it's price if you are moving a little size. et cetera.

Very easy, very hard.

#18     Apr 16, 2012
  9. JamesL

JamesL

A $2500 account, following strict 1% drawdown rule using 20 pip stops and 2:1 reward to risk can trade size of 12,500 (or roughly $1.25 a pip). Assuming you are typical of most experienced traders (not noobies), there will be 3 winning days for every 2 losers, so...

(3*40) - (2*20) = 80 pips/week. ($100/week)

This should be the goal. If you can accomplish this, build the account from these levels.

#19     Apr 16, 2012
  10. TRS

TRS

#20     Apr 16, 2012