Does anyone know why gold has gone up so much in the few days?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ammo

ammo

no one knows where it is,or how much,they never found twin towers gold...bad sheriffs outnumber the good deputies by a wide ratio

#11     Jul 17, 2011
  2. Silver = a bunch of kids who missed the gold trade HOPING silver follows

silver will not make new highs, sorry

#12     Jul 17, 2011
  3. rew

rew

I see no reason to believe that silver is a better tracker of debasement fear than gold. Why should it be?

#13     Jul 17, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

There is a noted negative correlation between silver and the american dollar of seventy percent. In the trading books I have seen it is a secondary position to take against a currency debasement after a currency hedge.

#14     Jul 17, 2011
  5. That's a pretty nice little tidbit of information. I don't know anything about forex, but it seems like every exporting country in the world is in a race for the bottom.

If I was trying to hedge (and aren't we all) I would go by the book and just buy silver.

Didn't Warren Buffet do that several years ago? I think he even flew on his private jet to London just so he could see the big vault it was going to be stored in.

I'm kind of in the "energy is the currency of the future" crowd.

But I did not know that about silver. Thanks for the info.

#15     Jul 17, 2011
  6. Did you see silver? Went up to mania level this April, then pop! The bubble bursted. Silver can go up sharply from here, or down sharply as well... Time will tell whether the recent rise is a tulip-bubble type short-squeeze pull-back, or if it is indeed the beginning of another upleg... Smart money will wait until a pullback to 42.00 to confirm the uptrend...

[​IMG]

#16     Jul 17, 2011
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

Trust me it is going up.

#17     Jul 17, 2011
  8. It is a bull market - it needs no other reason than that.

#18     Jul 17, 2011
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

More buyers versus sellers.

#19     Jul 17, 2011
  10. Larson

Larson Guest

It never ceases to amaze the people who insist on fighting these metals. Once gold cleared 1,000, there was no looking back. Ben the counterfeiter doesn't even know what hit him. And neither do some of these clowns, looking for the short of the ages.

#20     Jul 17, 2011