Does anyone know where I can find a spreadsheetlike this?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by squall, Feb 27, 2007.

1. squall

squall

http://www.futurestradingsecrets.com/growth.htm

Basically, I'm hoping to find a spreadsheet that will calculate hypothetical growth, etc in this format. So I'll be able to fool around with some "what-if" scenarios and work out kind of a rough initial business plan. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help out.

2. Yes...spend a half hour and create one for yourself. A simple process...and if you don't know how....a great and necessary learning experience. Excel is by far my most used trading tool.

3. squall

squall

mschey, I definitely agree with you, I just don't know jack shit about Excel...where can I learn how to do something like that?

What is this type of spreadsheet even called anyway? Thanks.

4. Copy the information exactly as you see it into rows and columns

Column headings of week, inital balance, etc, then populate each row with the data for week 1, week 2, etc

Then it is just a matter of working out the formulas. To get their numbers. Microsfoft excel will do the trick, and there are tutorials on the formulas within excel.

5. What's the deal with such a slow and conservative progression of trading size in that table? Patiently waiting to make a whole $500 P&L before adding another contract... no, no... too much fear, not enough greed.

6. lescor

lescor

Excel has a great help file. Think of what you'd like Excel to do, look it up in the help file and figure it out. You can become quite an excel whiz just by constantly trying to make it do what you want (and it can do almost anything).

7. Tums

Tums

there are lots of online tutorials.
    just google for it.

8. Bsulli

Bsulli

If gummy doesn't have it I would be surprised.

http://gummy-stuff.org/

Good luck and good trading.

Bsulli

9. squall

squall

Hey thanks for all the help everybody, I appreciate it.
    ha ha yeah I know the chart was kind of a funny example (it was pimping an education program) but I was just using it as an example.

I am going to fool around with Excel when I get home from work. It's pretty sad, I was an Information Systems Tech in the military, but don't know the first thing about Excel.

Thanks again.