Does anyone know what happened to JPJ-trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Feivi18, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Feivi18

Feivi18

Hi everyone,

Several years ago I was part of a market profile chatroom called jpj trading, run by Jim Pendlebury. At the time I was forced to leave trading, but I was looking to get back into it. To my surprise the JPJ website is non-functional. Does the chatroom still exist? Did he close shop?

Any information appreciated.

2. Feivi18

Feivi18

It is. Or maybe I should say it "was". Like the website, the Google+ account seems to be abandoned...The last post there is from 2013...

3. Minetoo

Minetoo

Feivil18,

Here he is:
    https://twitter.com/jimpendlebury

But his trading room website seems dormant.
    http://www.jpjtrading.com/

I was a member too but dropped out years ago when the room lost focus. Jim was only present intermittently and unnecessarily burdened the room with his never ending personal challenges. There were some excellent, hugely profitable traders there but the room was monitored (at that time) by guys like 'plantpro' who did nothing but lose money (a 'skill' no one needs learn). A massively, consistently profitable trader and lawyer (handle Robaim aka Robert) split off and started his own group. Robert's old emails are robaim@comcast.net or nyse@comcast.net . I do not know if they are still valid because they are a decade old. Hope this helps.

4. rc415

rc415

JP’s room was once a great room. He traded and I believe the trading was real. That’s all I can convey on this topic due to issues that may arise if I say more. FT71 was supposedly in the room for a time. Best wishes to you all.

rc415

5. Minetoo

Minetoo

You are correct rc415. The trades were real and most were quite profitable. Sadly, keeping traders focused solely on trading and new/improved trading ideas became a real challenge for the room. Overall, it was an excellent experience and a real pity it shut down.

6. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I regret to say that Jim Pendlebury died on the day of, or the day after, Thanksgiving, 2019. He had been in declining health recently which I believe mostly explains why he shut down his online operations. He was a floor trader at the CBOT for approximately 20 years. He was an especially good joker and prankster on the floor which can be a good attribute to have in order to deal with the stresses and trials of the market environment. He relocated to northern Michigan after leaving the floor and starting - up his online trading. He even found matrimonial bliss after leaving the floor too. He was "one of a kind" and will be missed. R.I.P. "JPJ".

7. bobsha

bobsha

Sad to hear this. I was a member of his online room for a few years. JP was genuinely a nice person. R.I.P. JP

8. R.I.P JP, part of active members back then, trading is really fun if you meet the right persons and exchange ideals .