does anyone know how to play brcd

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chisox, May 17, 2002.

1. chisox,

suggest you watch Seanote's thread.

#11     May 17, 2002
  2. geez I bet you cant tell I got spun around today

#12     May 17, 2002
  3. BRCD is a beast with a ton of noise. It gets a ton of fast $. But if you fade s/r zones, you can make money on it.

ARCA is an ecn, btw.

Don't daytrade BRCD without a helmet and don't smoke crack and you will be alive next year.

#13     May 17, 2002
  4. I've won and lost a ton on it. Decided it was too unpredictable to play.
    Market goes up it goes down and visa-versa one week. Next week it moves with the market.
    Techs go up it goes down.
    They release positive guidence "accidently" and it falls.
    They beat estimates on earnings and it goes down.
    Then, out of nowhere it can gap up $3 for no apparent reason.

For what its worth I only profited shorting it 2x in a 3 day stretch.
    It has typical tech bubble dream ratios of P/E and Price to sales so I finally figured that following its downward trend was safest.
    You need balls of steel to not stop out when it swings against you.

Agree with another in this thread. Too many better plays that are at least more predictable than BRCD.
    I moved on and sleep much better at night now! :p

#14     May 17, 2002
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Brocade's one of those stocks that "everybody knows about" so every beginner ends up trying their hand at it. I think the MM's who specialize in it probably have pointy ears, green skin, heads the size of water mellons and are fond of saying "That is illogical".

#15     May 18, 2002
  6. What, are you serious?? There's much more to it than that Tony.

Lemme see if I can help.

According to my analysis, you're best off trading it within the 100 Murrey Math Percent Square, although if you're off a little, it's okay. (Remember guys, there are only four squares any market in the world has ever traded in, the 100,1000,10000, and 100,000.)

I basically make sure I play it off the internal murrey math lines of 0/8ths, 2/8ths and 6/8ths - and depending on your risk tolerance, you could try it off 4/8ths also, as long as it's still within the harmonic rhythm octave (and remember, for BRCD you have to use a base of ten.)

I try and enter as close as possible to the 16 inside trading frame (but not before it) and, unless I'm stopped, I make sure I exit before the 32 (where the stronger reactions are.) Don't forget though, that vertical time reversals aren't as important as price change. So if you get a ratio of price movement reversal, make sure u get out quick. (That's probably what ARCA was doing the other day...wish I had a dollar for evry time I've seen THAT pattern!)

Hope this helps.

Daniel

PS - don't worry about that TOny Oz guy, he's such a dope..

#16     May 19, 2002
  7. To the guy who asked: do you really think they're gonna tell you how to make money with their stock?
    Daniel, lol
    what are you smoking? Anyway hope this MM works for you:) IMO BRCD sucks for daytrading compared to other SAN stocks.

#17     May 19, 2002
  8. Think it was the summer of 2000, b4 the big puke that fall. BRCD was a big fat pig back then, trading at around $200 per share. I recall one day around 3:30pm, the Nasdaq was in the green & futures looked +. BRCD had been trying to break the $198 level ceiling. I figured it could, so for about 10 minutes I got in and would get stopped out. Long story short, this freakin' monster literally packed on an amazing $11 point pop into the last 10 minutes of closing. It was unreal. I have never seen such a flood of legit buy orders coming in at huge amounts. It was incredible. THis damn thing did not take a single breath for 11 minutes. I kid you not. Dime after QUarter, the bid just kept going straight up as sellers had to keep backing off the ask or they would have been crushed if not offering versus borrowing shares.

It was kind of like the close where JDSU got into the S&P. Eventhough way too many people bought shares ahead of the induction, it still was good for a great surge of buying into the close. Although this feedback does not really help you that much for today, its just that I have gotten spanked so many times this year buying into this earnings recovery crap......the only way I can be happy is to take Prince's advice and party like the Nasdaq is 1999 all over again.

#18     May 19, 2002
  9. TonyOz

TonyOz

I guess I desreve it for making a silly post on Friday:)

Don't know anything about the "Chinese" you speak in your post. But as you said, I am the Keep It Simple Stupid kinda guy or I believe you call it dope...

Tony

#19     May 19, 2002
  10. chisox

chisox Guest

cant wait for you monday! I got better ammo, gonna whip your ass

#20     May 19, 2002