Does anyone here use more esoteric trading strategies like Astrology or psychics?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HolyGrailSeeker, Sep 23, 2021.

1. I do not know why works. But it does work at times if you notice that prices usually drop and people are fearful during a full moon and they go back to peak euphoria and optimism in a new moon. Mercury Retrograde usually also causes pessimism in the financial markets.

I have also heard of people making fortunes based on listening to psychic's advises and or remote viewing a certain stock price in the future. I believe everyone do has some psychic abilities to some extent. Have you ever had the gut feeling? Like deep in your subconscious mind you feel something bad is going to happen and the stock price crashes soon after or you see something and your mind tells you that price is a steal and it does an incredible rally? That is your psychic power at work.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

well. some people ask the parrot for advice.

3. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

Im sorry i dont think that has any weight. you said it 'works at times' thats probability at play and that 'gut' feeling is due to experience. Im not saying psychics dont exist because i really have no clue but as a trading strategy i would go with technicals personally

murray t turtle and trend2009 like this.
  4. All of that...is basically...Bs.
    Scientific trials have proved time and time again...none of those metaphysical premonitions, perceptions, are reliable, viable, predictions of the future.

It's merely a novelty, circus, act. Similar to fortune cookies...not to be taken too seriously, at all.

Weak, or weaker, and lost souls open themselves up to the devil. So be solid, have backbone, have faith, stand for something. Something real, something positive.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

Yesterday was gann day, the autumn equinox, a date gann thought the most important of the year. If you google it you will find a lot of info on big changes in trend on gann dates. March 21st, the spring equinox, is the start of the year, the covid low was on march 23rd 2020.

Gann dates to backtest, worked better on tlt than spx.

https://www.aimarrow.com/technical-analysis/w-d-gann-analysis/w-d-gann-solar-dates/

6. R1234

R1234

Maybe Steve Cohen does Out-of-body projections to see earnings reports pre-release (just kidding).

But remote viewing is a thing. The government has trained people that do this for national security purposes. Its a matter of developing the 'lost' skill.

NazSherpa likes this.
  7. I'm aware of strategies that use moon phases. Google "stock trading based on moon phases" to see what's out there.

8. speedo

speedo

The way to evaluate any strategy is to test a statistically significant data sample. The way not to evaluate a strategy would be to ask random anonymous "traders" on ET. That said, Larry Pesavento, a very smart fellow writes of Planetary Harmonics. Again, any validity to that or any other predictive potential needs to be tested prior to being worked into a trade plan.

Early in my development I thought that being complex and esoterically different was the way to profitability. Do what no one else has thought of. The expensive realization was reached that the simpler the better. It's the institutional programs who move the markets and the key is to figure out what they are doing and when. We don't make money by fooling the markets, we make money by agreeing with them.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  9. MACD

MACD

BRAVO !

speedo likes this.
  10. themickey

themickey

Expenses accrued experimenting this way.
    Ironic isn't it, years of wasting time and losing money for the lightbulb to finally click on. :)
    Been there done that. :)

#10     Sep 23, 2021
    murray t turtle and speedo like this.