Does anyone here use a single-serve pour-over coffee cone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Frederick Foresight, May 10, 2024.

1. poopy

poopy

I’m summit-hiking at 3:30 AM with my dog and a headlamp… perhaps my 400mg/day should be reduced a bit

#11     May 11, 2024
  2. Speaking of Turkish coffee, when I was working in Saudi Arabia in the '90s, I had one client whose "tea boy" made the best actual Turkish coffee I ever had. (They were grown men, but they called them "tea boys." Every visit to a client required that you accept either a sickly sweet tea or Turkish coffee. I always opted for the coffee when it was available.) They all added sugar, unfortunately, as a matter of course, some more than others, but this one client's office got it just right. So much so that after a year or so of regular visits, I finally asked if I could watch their guy make it. And they obliged. I subsequently tried it at my place and just couldn't get it right. Sometimes I wonder if there is witchcraft involved in making the perfect cup of Turkish coffee. I do recall they added cardamom, but I don't know how much, or the actual beans they used.

#12     May 11, 2024
  3. lol

#13     May 11, 2024
  4. Huh, I thought you made up the term, but it is apparently a thing. Who knew, pardner.

#14     May 27, 2024
  5. Last edited: May 27, 2024
    #15     May 27, 2024
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

#16     May 27, 2024