Does anyone have experience with Black Boxes?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jnhighland, Jun 22, 2005.

1. I want to set a mechanical trading system based on a 4/9/18 SMA, or a DMI or a Trend Trigger Factor.

Does anyone have experience with Black Boxes? who provides them? how do they work? what markets do they trade?

Thanks!!

2. I eat black boxes all the time.

3. naz9403

naz9403

for the amount of time and effort it takes to create a fully functional robust system with something like c++ takes thousands upon thousands of $$ hours upon hours of testing. If you don't have a staff of professionals doing work for you just go with tradestation or wealth lab

Just my 2 cents.

I asked the same question a long time back and that was the answer i got.

4. kut2k2

kut2k2

http://www.jurikres.com/

5. Black boxes today seem to be infested with black swans. Better stick to grey boxes.

Doing an ET search will help.

nononsense

6. nbates

nbates

I agree with nononsense, grey box = better potential.

The JMA (Jurikres) won't get you what you need - trust me, been there already, and automated trade signals need more than the moving average, probably :)

7. rwk

rwk

I have written grey and black box systems, and I would not trust any commercial products to run unattended. I never set out to write a system that would run unattended, but I have left mine on long enough to use the bathroom. I prefer to be at my computer when the trading system is armed. There are too many things that could go wrong.

8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I thought OptionMadeEasy is based on the 4/9/18 SMA crossing. Maybe WizeTrade & other MadeEasy blackbox r the same. They cover all the market. I went to some of theeir trainings but do not know the backtesting result. Have not used it to trade myself.

9. kut2k2

kut2k2

How did you use the JMA in your system?

10. How do you beat the black boxes?

#10     Jul 9, 2005