Does anyone have any experience with Amp Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Robertwiz, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hello,

Does anyone have any experience trading eminis with Amp futures? If so, what was the set up process like, how strict are the requirements to have an account, and what was it like to actually trade with them?

Thanks

2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I have an account with them. Set up was pretty straightforward, 3 or 4 days if I remember correctly. Fills are fast with Ninja/Zen/CQG. They are now a self clearing broker and in my opinion are a young company trying to carve a niche in the futures arena. Trading with them is problem free IMO.

What exactly do you mean when you say "how strict are the requirements"?

3. how much do you pay for ninja and zen/cqg or are they both included in the commission rate?

what rate do you pay if you don't mind me asking? feel free to pm.

4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Zen Fire recenly started charging a monthly rate, I believe it was about $25. CQG is free, with a slightly higher comm rate, @$5/turn. AMP will negotiate for high vol traders, but I don't fit that profile. Ninja itself is @$60/month with all functionality, or FREE with their direct edition if you don't need backtesting/automated strategies, etc.

5. cornix

cornix

Trade with them. Account was opened quickly. Customer support by email is very good, live chat is... well, short-spoken. :)

CQG order routing is very fast, I am not high-frequency trader, but can feel the difference vs. IB.

6. JamesL

JamesL