Does anyone have a solution for avoiding or decreasing modification fees with IB?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Gammahedge1, Jul 5, 2012.

1. trade at thinkorswim

they will offer $1.5-1.25 per (active traders) and no modification fees... has helped me get much better prices and time it better without constraints over the last few months since I switched from IB.

#31     Jul 9, 2012
  2. hajimow

hajimow

#32     Jul 9, 2012
  3. hajimow

hajimow

I have mentioned this 624 times so far and it seems that I cannot be convincing. Check out my trades today. I cancelled 2 option orders today. I also had 6 option orders expired without going through. I paid $11.44 for 40 contracts. In Thinkorswim I had to pay at least 1.25 x 40 = $50. I paid less than $2 for two trades on 10 contracts SPY. I had to pay $12.5 in Thinkorswim. I paid $1.58 for 3 contracts on FB. I had to pay $3.75 in Thinkorswim. Unless I am in the habit of cancelling 369 orders everyday to execute one trade, I won't want to THINK nor SWIM. By the way I have not negotiated a special commission with IB. Everyone gets this rate. As you see I also cancell orders and my YTD cancellation fee is $1.1 !!!

#33     Jul 9, 2012
  4. quatron

quatron

I remember I once run my quoter on STOXX50 on Eurex just to test the new algo. My primary market was closed at that time. I was surprised when the quoter stopped working in the middle of the session. It was because cancellation fees ate my entire account! Shocker! It was a paper account so I did not commit suicide :)

#34     Jul 9, 2012
  5. hajimow

hajimow

I think I know what was your algorithem.

While(1)
    Monitor Bid/ask
    For (Buy)
    put an order to buy at (bid-0.02)
    For (Sell)
    put an order to sell at (ask+0.02)
    end of while

This will be like chasing your tail.

#35     Jul 9, 2012
  6. quatron

quatron

Close, but it wasn't that stupid :) I was quoting front month options on European index. The quoter was quite aggressive with the orders but it won't survive in this market anyway with such a horrible commission (1.5 per contract, that is more than tick size!).

#36     Jul 9, 2012
  7. interesting i didn't know that.. i change alot of my orders... i haven't audited my expenses to that level because my account is small and i don't trade that frequently.. the profit and loss from trades are more relevant to me

#37     Jul 10, 2012
    #38     Jul 10, 2012
  9. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

#39     Apr 12, 2013
  10. thats great! wow i'm happy.. that was getting me hardcore offering and asking for flys at different levels, then pulling them down.. 4 legs lots of cancellation fees

#40     Apr 12, 2013