Does anyone from outside US has an account with Merryl Lynch?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Daal, May 22, 2006.

1. Daal

Daal

Was it hard to open it?I talked with the branch here in my country but they are not too helpful. I heard the minimum is $250,000 to open it. They told me also you gotta go to a meeting with them so they know 'what your looking for'(yeah right, more like they just want to see know deep is your pocket)
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    ps: the reason I want to do it is because is too hard to open a regular US bank account but this type of account has the same functionality and seems much easier to open

2. My father used to have a $100000 account with them about 10 years ago. They put him in some stock and when the account went to 80000, they had the impertinence to call him and ask him to wire 20000 or they would close down the account because they only allow a 100000$ account minimum. Needless to say he closed down the account. I would stay clear.

3. just21

just21

What is wrong with Interactive Brokers?

4. Daal

Daal

Nothing. I will use them too, its just that it doesnt work as bank account(no credit and debit cards)

5. just21

just21

You get a free wire transfer every month. A credit card would be grea though.