Does anyone else have a problem with IB TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dont, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Please answer on the board. Many want to read what you have to say about this.
    That's what a forum is about - you cirumvent/defeat its purpose.
    Thanks.

#21     Aug 10, 2005
  2. Holmes

Holmes

Yes please, we like to learn something too (even if it is a configuration problem - always interesting to follow the diagnostic process)

Sherlock

:cool:

#22     Aug 10, 2005
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

You are going to preach to me about how to use a public forum?

I tolerate your often misinformed, misleading, bashing, "pouring the oil onto the fire" statements, because it is a free forum after all, and you are allowed to post what you please.

Do me a favor and give me the same courtesy.

#23     Aug 10, 2005
  4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I have asked for Aarons contact information, so that we can contact him and debug the problem. He gladly provided it. I will post when I have something useful to say about the problem.

#24     Aug 10, 2005
  5. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

nononsense:

Not wanting to be rude - but-

You have a nerve! You've consistently peppered IB in a number of TWS-related threads and when IB asked you to contact them privately you refused because your nosense pseudonym might be compromised by revealing your IB customer name (if you do actually trade with IB - that was never established). Now when Mr. Schindler publicly lists a specific grievance using his real name, a grievance which can have any number of root causes, and IB asks him to provide a means of private contact, you object. Don't you consider your action a tad on the hypocritical side?

Obviously there are a number of IB authorized ET members who respond in these forums. It is my guess that IBSoft is a manager as opposed to a technical problem solver like IB-Pete. Since Mr. Schindler appears to be the principal of his business IB probably wants to discuss his dissatisfaction with IB's TWS recent history. Such discussions have nothing to do with trading or the TWS per se. Indeed, by their request I think it shows that IB did not go hunting through their customer database to locate Mr. Schindler or his firm, they left it up to him to decide whether or not to allow a personal contact.

You had your chance, give it a rest.

#25     Aug 10, 2005
  6. Aaron

Aaron

Just to report back to you ETers...

IB has reported to me that the charts in the current release are now known to be cpu hogs. The chart cpu usage should be much reduced in a future TWS release.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#26     Aug 11, 2005