Does anyone else have a problem with IB TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dont, Aug 8, 2005.

1. v 848 has a memory problem that i noted in another thread (goes to 160MB with 3 devices connected instead of 20-25MB like 843.7). IB are looking at my logs.

I find that if I restore and then minimize the tws window it becomes reasonable.

#11     Aug 9, 2005
  2. dont

dont

Yep I am I will give it a try

#12     Aug 9, 2005
  3. Aaron

Aaron

Wow -- it makes a big difference if you minimize the TWS window. TWS's java.exe process goes from 40% of CPU down to nothing.

Yeah, I can confirm the CPU problems for version 848.8. I've got it on my test setup and (when onscreen) it uses typically 30-40% CPU (on a 1.4 GHz Athlon) and no charts open. Open a couple charts and the CPU gets pegged at 100%. No way I can install this on my production machine.

My production machine has good 'ol version 846.5 on it and nothing I've ever done with this TWS has used more than 5% of the CPU.

In years past I used to automatically install the TWS upgrades right to my production machine without a care. Not anymore.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#13     Aug 9, 2005
  4. Htrader

Htrader Guest

For the past 4 years my primary trading computer was a pentium3 1ghz. Worked just fine. Then in the past month, TWS began taking up increasingly more resources and started lagging at peak times.

I just upgraded to a pentium D, dual chip processor from dell. No speed issues anymore. It was time for an upgrade anyways.

#14     Aug 9, 2005
  5. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Do you have any Option Trader pages open, or just regular old market data pages?

#15     Aug 9, 2005
  6. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

It may be the case that you have the following setting in your jts.in ifile:

[communication]
    debug=1

If so, remove the "debug=1" line. Or, try running build 849.8 (currently in beta); starting with this build, we will ignore the debug setting.

(The jts.ini file is located in either the c:\ibjts or c:\jts folders.)

#16     Aug 9, 2005
  7. What he said. :)

#17     Aug 9, 2005
  8. just21

just21

I have 9 option pages open all day.

#18     Aug 9, 2005
  9. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Please PM me how we can reach you. Thanks.

#19     Aug 9, 2005
  10. just21

just21

I do not have the debug line in my jts.ini file, should I add it and set to 0?

#20     Aug 9, 2005