Does anyone else have a foreboding sense.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by travisdu, Nov 10, 2001.

1. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

Like most on these boards, I really don't care if the market goes up or down or even sideways for that matter. But I do think that this time it's different (boy that's a dangerous statement :) ). After so many fake outs, everyone is thinking that this is just another bull trap, but I get this feeling that this one is the real deal. It just feels different and as mentioned above, now everyone and their brother is ready to short this thing because it has happened so many times before. So while everyone is thinking that, it's time to be a contrarian. I think this move is just leaving more money further & further behind. Now everyone's hoping for a retest of the lows so they can get in, but it ain't gonna happen. Maybe we get a retracement, but not a full blown test.

The fine print: Of course I could be wrong and we head to DOW 6000 & NAS 600 :D .

#31     Nov 13, 2001
  2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

50% winning rate is good for active trading.
    You don't need more to make good money. What you need is good trade management.
    Higher winning rates are easy to get (take profits quickly) but it does not mean your total R ratio is good. Winning rate by itself does not say enough. Mine is 50% average, sometimes less sometimes more but I treasure it because it is stable, so I can work on the R expectancy.

tntneo

#32     Nov 13, 2001